PDA

View Full Version : Picked up the PM2000 Today

Tim Wagner
03-16-2007, 7:13 PM
Well I rented a pick up and went and Picked up the saw. Let me tell you this is the heavyest thing I have ever dragged down a set of stairs. Let's just say it Dragged me, and by Brother in law down the stairs. Using a Furniture dolly it took all 250 lbs of me on the back to keep this thing tillted back on the wheels. Both of us could only mearly slow it down as it went over the edge of each tread. Anyway, on to a couple pictures.

to show how senial I may becoming, I forgot and left the camera in the van after getting the truck. so these are after getting it into the house.

Now what really ticks me off is stupid me tried lowering the wheels to roll it off the pallet and into the door. Problem is i didn't set the blade angle to 0 deg. As you will see in the last picture, I broke a bushing that connects the gear drive to the driveshaft going to the wheels. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have plenty of work to do before setting this up, so I'll have to order a replacment part. :(

Tim Wagner
03-16-2007, 7:14 PM
the last two.

Jim Becker
03-16-2007, 8:36 PM
Congratulations on your new saw, Tim!!!

glenn bradley
03-16-2007, 8:39 PM
Happy for about the saw. Sorry about the bushing. Like you say, you've got plenty to keep you busy while waiting on the part. Congrats, I'm green.

Charles Jackson III
03-16-2007, 8:46 PM
Congratulations on the new table saw, hope u enjoy it.

Jim Summers
03-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Suuweeeet!

I am prepping for one as we speak. When you have a chance post some stuff regarding tuning, if needed. All I have digitally is a set of calipers. They can measure inside and depth so I am pretty sure I can use them to check alignments.

Congrats!

Don Bullock
03-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Tim, congratulations on your new saw. You can make plenty of sawdust with that thing. Enjoy!

Tim Wagner
03-17-2007, 6:17 PM
thanks guys. I actualy got the saw earlier than planned because of the one day 10% deal. I have to build a wall further back towards the rear of the basement, and build the new workbench, remove the wall and bench thats there now. Move a ton of packrat junk or throw it away. lots of work.

I am just disgusted with myself about breaking it. i can't do anything due to the fact that I have to put the saw on it's side and remove the driveshaft out the bottom in order to replace the bushing. atleast I got it, here, and in the basement. by far the biggest ordeal.

Jim when I set it up I can post on how it go's. although i don't know if it will be before or after you get yours. just when you get it make sure you run the arbor to 0 degrees prior to running the castors down. :o

Jim Summers
03-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey Tim,

The arbor thing is etched in my memory. I am going to scan through the manual that I got online and see if it even mentions that. I just finished looking at the operations manual that I downloaded from WMH for the pm2000. In the unpacking and "Castor System Adjustment" it fails to mention that the arbor must be at zero. You ought to mention it to them when you are getting parts.

I have just about got my site prepped. Electrical work almost done, etc...

Take it easy

Tim Wagner
03-19-2007, 5:43 PM
Hey Tim,

The arbor thing is etched in my memory. I am going to scan through the manual that I got online and see if it even mentions that. I just finished looking at the operations manual that I downloaded from WMH for the pm2000. In the unpacking and "Castor System Adjustment" it fails to mention that the arbor must be at zero. You ought to mention it to them when you are getting parts.

I have just about got my site prepped. Electrical work almost done, etc...

Take it easy

Just got off the phone. Parts are ordered, and under warranty, no questions asked. :)

Donald Van Slambrook
03-19-2007, 7:25 PM
Don't feel too bad about breaking your PM2000. You did far less damage than I did with mine last year. They sent bolts that were too long to attach the rear fence and I ended up breaking the table! Long story, but they sent me a new one. Good luck with yours.

Noah Katz
03-21-2007, 3:02 PM
Tim,

You may not be alone; my new PM2000 kind bumped on the way down my makeshift ramp from the pallet+crate bottom, and now turning the handwheel even to lower is really really hard.

Just tipping it to access the bottom is daunting.

Rob Bodenschatz
03-21-2007, 3:16 PM
What's with you guys????

Do you treat your children that way as well?
You gotta take care of that baby!!!
:p

About the bolt issue. They recognized that problem about a year ago but hadn't updated the instruction manual when I got my saw. The hardware package came with a little note that said which bolts to use (shorter ones) to avoid cracking the cast iron. Luckily I saw the note & read about it somewhere or else I may have done the same thing. It was easy to miss.

Noah Katz
03-21-2007, 3:24 PM
"Do you treat your children that way as well?"

My tools *are* my children :)

Tim Wagner
03-21-2007, 8:05 PM
Well I still have my furnature dolly straped to it. Just this morning I put this thing on it's side to get at the bottom. It took me a few times to get it tipped over and took all my weight. My biggest fear was it would come over and keep going since I had both feet on the dolly. Luckily I was able to catch it and set My child down safley. :) Now all I need is the new part.

D-Alan Grogg
05-04-2007, 10:52 AM
Since I just unpacked and set up my new PM2000, I thought I'd chime in here.

I'm not sure there is any need for the blade to be set at 0° before engaging/turning the castor crank system. If you look at the hand wheel crankshaft, it should totally disengage from the blade tilt shaft when pulled out all the way (at least, that is how it operates on mine). I paid no attention to blade tilt prior to engaging the castors and had no problems.

I feel very lucky that I didn't need to haul mine down a flight of stairs;)!!

Jim Dunn
05-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Alan welcome to the creek.

Clint Winterhalter
05-04-2007, 12:51 PM
Tim,
Congratulations on your new saw!
The PM2000 is one FINE MACHINE!

Clint

Greg Peterson
05-04-2007, 2:58 PM
Tim, the PM2000 is the saw I've decided I want to get. I've got a ways to go before I get one, but unless something else comes to market in the interim that competes with the features of this saw, the PM2000 is my goal.

Congrats and let us know how it performs.

Charles Jackson III
05-04-2007, 3:36 PM
Very nice saw, I hope u enjoy it.