PDA

View Full Version : good use of the router table

Bill Wyko
03-16-2007, 6:49 PM
I thought I'd show the new use for my router table. Also the Cannondale carbonfiber bicycle has become a custom rack for my thickness gauge. This is my entire work area.:o

Brian Myers
03-16-2007, 7:54 PM
Well, the router table does say Tool Dock.......:D

Bill Wyko
03-16-2007, 8:07 PM
I never put that together:rolleyes: Good point.:D

Bob Noles
03-16-2007, 8:08 PM
That borderlines blasphamy :eek:

.......but ya gotta love it :D

Kevin McPeek
03-16-2007, 8:18 PM
My router table is now my lathe stand for the Jet Mini.

Bill Wyko
03-16-2007, 8:45 PM
Once I clean up my shop at work I'll post a pic of my other shop. I probably have the biggest table saw known to man. I keep trying to come up with a regular use for a lathe when building big sound systems so I can justify the expence of one for what we do here.:rolleyes:

Bob Opsitos
03-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I keep trying to come up with a regular use for a lathe when building big sound systems so I can justify the expence of one for what we do here.:rolleyes:

You just need to sell people on the merits of the spherical sub box. Laminated big ole blank up from MDF, hollow form it, slap on some fiber glass, sand, paint, mount sub, and booyah, big odd shaped sub box.

It'll be all the rage with the kids.

Turning MDF would be less than fun I would wager.

Really though, I bet you could turn out kick panel baffles, or with a mcnaughton rig cut out mounting rings from MDF disks.

bob

Bill Wyko
03-17-2007, 1:05 PM
Whats funny about the thickness gauge being on the bike is, I put it there the first time and later that day I couldn't find it for the life of me. i looked in every drawer, shelf and cabinet and it was no where to be found.:confused: Making rings for door boxes is a good excuse.:D