PDA

View Full Version : New Member Gloat

Waymon Campbell
12-17-2003, 9:24 PM
As promised in a earlier post, here are some pix of my shop (LOML and I built it ourselves over the last six months). I am currently working on the Norm miter bench and storage. Hope to finish that up and then build a stand for my Delta 13" planer. After that, its an extension table for the TS. I have a PSI TSguard overarm blade guard on the way.

As you can see, I modified the Grizzly dust collector to use a cartridge filter and it works great. Thanks Bill Pentz!!

Waymon...

Joe Tonich
12-17-2003, 9:42 PM
Hey Waymon,

So THATS what a shop floor looks like! :D That is gonna be a heck of a shop when it's finished (WHEN is it EVER finished??? :confused: :D ). Keep the pic's coming. Always looking for better shop ideas.

Joe

Walt Pater
12-17-2003, 9:48 PM
Weymon- Nice shop. Mine's currently located in either my pickup or somebody's yard. But- Baytown- is that in the Victoria/ Port O'Connor area? I had kin down there, years ago (I'm a Native Texan who now lives in New Yawk.) Good call on the OSB Walls.
Walt

Waymon Campbell
12-17-2003, 9:58 PM
Thanks Walt. Baytown is about 30 miles east of Houston. Not sure if this Texas boy could handle them New York winters. Closest thing I see to frost is on a cold beverage.

I chose OSB because it would allow nailing / screwing anywhere without having to find a stud. As I tell LOML all the time, keep that stud finder turned off, 'cause everytime I walk by it, the darn thing goes off...

John Scarpa
12-17-2003, 11:01 PM
Hey Waymon, nice shop! Wow and she helped you build it. I'm impressed. That's very nice. Say I have the Shop Fox version of your saw and am trying to figure out what kind of table I'm going to put to the right of the saw. Did you replace the cast extention? And did you purchase the router extention table or did you make it yourself?

Waymon Campbell
12-18-2003, 7:34 AM
Thanks John. The TS extension is a Rockler. I got a great deal and it works great. It has oak substructue and a laminate over MDF top. I did replace the right cast wing to accomodate the router table without going past the rails.

Waymon...

Bob Lasley
12-18-2003, 8:44 AM
Waymon,

Looks like a nice start on a great shop. I don't think I'll ever get mine just like I want it.........of course that may be because I'm never quite sure just how I want it! Then there's the problem of some new tool showing up and needing a home. Just can't turn away those poor homeless tools.

BTW, welcome to the Creek, we're glad you're here.

Bob

Jim Becker
12-18-2003, 8:53 AM
Great job on the shop, Wayne. Many of us would love the opportunity to be able to "start from scratch" with a new building like that! 'Looking forward to pics of the projects coming out of it... :D