PDA

View Full Version : Eps

Brian Robison
03-16-2007, 2:23 PM
What's the secret to .eps ? Sometimes it imports into Corel 12 sometimes it doesn't? I've tried holding my mouth in every way.:confused:

Joe Pelonio
03-16-2007, 3:22 PM
In most cases you have to use the Postscript Interpreted rather than the plain eps or ai eps filter. In other cases it's that someone sent you a bitmap saved as eps rather than converting it to vector.

Bruce Volden
03-16-2007, 6:17 PM
In most cases you have to use the Postscript Interpreted rather than the plain eps or ai eps filter. In other cases it's that someone sent you a bitmap saved as eps rather than converting it to vector.
Joe,

Don't you just hate it when someone sends you a .bmp encapsulated in an .eps format thinking that because they have "Photoshop" or whatever, you can work your magic on it???:mad: :mad: I have a customer who believes that he is all knowing in formats. I only wish he would come over and see what he sends me and the work it takes to do my "magic" (vector conversion) so it's something usable vs. useless! There , now I feel better:D

Bruce

Joe Pelonio
03-16-2007, 10:30 PM
Worse than that is when they send me a Word, Excel, or even Powerpoint file and expect me to cut vinyl from it.

Carol VanArnam
03-16-2007, 11:18 PM
I've sent print jobs to my Epilog Laser when I should have selected the laser jet printer NOT THE LASER. It shows upon the Epilog display screen as MICROSOFT file. I've always wanted to hit the go button and see what comes out of the laser....... :) :) :)

Rodne Gold
03-17-2007, 12:55 AM
We have reached a stage where we just accept any artwork , bitmap or vector and clean it up without going back to the client as trying to get the correct format from em is sometimes really an excercise in frustration and delays the job and often puts us under pressure to deliver cos the artwork takes too long to get. Only time we want better artwork is if the bitmap is really very very bad.
We just load the price to reflect any time we spend and to be frank , have got bitmap to vector conversion pretty much taped , so even complex stuff doesnt take my design guys a long time.

Mike Null
03-17-2007, 8:19 AM
Rodne:

I agree though I do try once to get good art. Most of the time the customer is clueless about what you need.