PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight portable air compressor

Edward E Wilson Jr
12-17-2003, 2:29 PM
Am looking at purchasing a lightweight portable air compressor. Have looked at 2 and curious if there is any feedback.

Primary use at the present time is for blowing off face mask, blowing out dust, etc.

Looked at the Husky Easy-Air Compressor for Home Deport @$99.00. 24lb, 135 psi, 1.5 gal.

Also looked at the Senco PC0947/FP18Kit from Woodcraft $199.00(Local store for me). This includes a 18 gage brad nailer 5/" - 2" brads. Not sure of the HP. Woodcraft says 1hp as an article on line says 1/2hp. 1 gal compacity Currently do not have a compressor or nailer. There was an article on Woodworking-forum that confirms the quietness of this as a hum (like virbrating hair clippers). Noise is also important to me as I will be using in the cellar where my workshop is.

Ed

Keith Outten
12-17-2003, 3:02 PM
Edward,

Check out Dewalt, they have a new portable compressor that I saw last Saturday in Richmond. It runs on battery (uses the standard Dewalt batteries) or 110 volts. Sorry, I don't have a link for you and I know this is a very new tool so it may be hard to find.

Steve Roxberg
12-17-2003, 4:21 PM
I've looked at the Senco and love the noise level. But I consider the 18 guage pin nailer to not be of much use for my projects.

So I also looked at the low end Delta Unit. Larger tank, slightly noiser, but a far far cry from the oil less ones.

Check out the Delta Unit, they sell it at my local Woodcraft right next to the Senco. $99 dollars, no gun.

Walt Pater
12-17-2003, 8:50 PM
Edward,
I have a 2hp 4gal Porter-Cable Jetstream which I use daily for any pneumatic task, primarily 15ga finish nailing. It was around $130.00, and I bought it at Sam's Club where they let you purchase and extended warranty (a really good idea if you're going to use it a lot). I can carry the compressor with one hand, and it powers any nailer that I have- even 2.5in ring shanks into oak beams (that was a weird job). Anyway, I've used it for roofing, and, although it "cycled on" way too much, it held up pretty well there, too. The compressor is not quiet, but I really have to respect this particular tool's reliability. I use mine every day and can't really afford any down time to monkey with pneumatic problems. Hope this helps. Walt P.