PDA

View Full Version : Move Over HF Tools

Christopher K. Hartley
03-15-2007, 7:48 PM
Just a little tool gloat as I get ready for Beauty. Two P&N Bowl Gouges 1/2" and 5/8". A Kelton Ultimate Handle w/extension. Also, 5/16", 1/2" and 5/8" Adapter Sleeves for the handle. Sure has a different feel than the old HF's.:)

Ken Fitzgerald
03-15-2007, 11:05 PM
Hartley.....I think you'll never find the bottom of the Vortex and yet I'm sure you'll smile a lot!

Congrats!

Bernie Weishapl
03-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Congrats Christopher. You are going to like those P & N. I have the 3/8" and 1/2" bowl gouges. I really like them for the final cuts on bowls.

Dario Octaviano
03-15-2007, 11:51 PM
CONGRATS!!!

Looks awesome. You'll surely enjoy those solid handle :)

Glenn Hodges
03-16-2007, 8:53 AM
I use them, and like them. Now if they will just send me my commission.....

Paul Engle
03-16-2007, 9:31 AM
Chris , I had looked at those , awsome stuff , have fun !!!

Christopher K. Hartley
03-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Here a while back I posted having had this happen http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=37517&d=1146400597
Don't think I'll have that problem with this new handle.:)

Neal Addy
03-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Nice tool gloat, Chris! You'll love 'em and your HF's won't mind stepping out of the way.

Pete Jordan
03-16-2007, 1:46 PM
Chris,

Nice gloat and I am really excited for you! I think that is a great looking lathe! You have a bit of a wait though don't you?

Christopher K. Hartley
03-17-2007, 9:18 AM
Chris,

Nice gloat and I am really excited for you! I think that is a great looking lathe! You have a bit of a wait though don't you?Pete, Brent told me 12 weeks which puts delivery close to June. I know in our business we often times quote the very worst time scenario to be safe and not disappoint our client should it actually take that long. Usually the product ordered comes in earlier so we become heroes in the eyes of our clients. After speaking with Brent a few times, I believe he probably operates on the same premise. While I would like it lathe to arrive earlier, I am more concerned that he takes his time and does a good job building it. In my eyes quality is the biggest consideration over time. This is giving me time to ready my shop and sell my Jet 1442VSK. The other thing that sold me on Robust was Brent's ethic. At one point I was ready to spend extra dollars for an item. His honest explanation and advice to me lost him that extra revenue. That was when I made my final decision to go with him. None of the other companies displayed that type of ethic or willingness to get personally involved as I researched their products. Let me state that the other companies didn't do anything wrong; they just didn't go above and beyond. It was the difference between ordinary and superior.
OK, I know TMI!:eek: More info than you need. I just couldn't help but spout off about his great customer care and service. Thanks for letting me bend your ear.:)

Steve Schlumpf
03-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Great gloat Chris! You must be getting ready for some serious turning!!! Lots of pics please!