PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Cutting Tools

Ed Blough
03-15-2007, 7:15 PM
I updated the other thread where I asked for help with tear out with much of this same information but I wanted to post this to a new thread.

I was having big time problems with some maple I was using. It seemed like everything I tried was causing tear out. I thought it was my router bit so I got "a better" one. No real difference I was still having problems.

Finally since I lived near Infinity Cutting Tool I figured I woud pay them a visit. I called first and they told me I was welcome to visit.

First off David Venditto the president of the company is a really great guy. He took the time to personally give me a tour of their facility. He was willling to show me some their new products they are testing to see if they meet their standards.

He explained his operation to me, told how the bits and other cutters were manufactured and let me take time to examine one of everything he sold. Which is a lot of looking.
I was impressed with their friendliness, their openness, and their knowledge of wood working.

I told him my story about the maple that was tearing out and he got that knowing smile. Then he asked me what shape I was looking for and produced the exact bit I needed. Now get this the bit he recommended was also on overstock sale so it cost a little more than 1/2 the normal price which was far cheaper than the price of the bit I had been using.

Let me tell you I'm sold. I now know what a quality bit is. This thing sliced through the maple taking transparent thin slices (notice I said slices, not chunks or making saw dust). I looked more like something that would come off a plane than off a router.

I did five fairly large doors and 14 drawer fronts to perfection. Doing the same cut using my other two router bits were producing tear out on nearly every board, and a fairly rough finish on all. I will admit one bit was fairly cheap but the other costs nearly three times what I paid for the Infinity bit.

David explained router bit dynamics to me and showed me why his bit would do the job and he was right. Each cut as smooth as a baby's behind and not one tear out. I highly recommend Infinity Cutting Tools.

Bruce Benjamin
03-15-2007, 10:36 PM
I have several Infinity saw blades and a bunch of their router bits as well. I agree with everything you said. I've talked to David on the phone several times. He's the one that answers when I call their main phone number. Super nice guy.

The quality of their products are second to none in my experience. I also have a bunch of Whiteside router bits and I think the quality of both brands are very close. But the Infinity bits are frequently on sale and usually cheaper than the Whiteside. I think the Infinity bits might be just a little sharper and hold their edge better too. I love their saw blades and they have always received stellar reviews in various online and magazine reviews. I have their Combo Max blade, their dado blade, a 12" miter saw blade, and a special blade for cutting smooth cuts in sheet goods and melamine. All of them make cuts as good as any else I've ever seen or used. And the prices when on sale are just about impossible to beat.

Bruce

Jeff Wright
03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Put me down as a happy customer also. Great router bits as well as 1.25" spindle shaper cutters.