PDA

View Full Version : Variable data in Corel Draw X3 imposition layout

Dean Flannery
03-15-2007, 6:33 PM
Hi folks,

Is anyone subcribed to the free Corel newsletter with trick and tips on using Corel Draw X3 ?

A couple of months ago they had a article on how to import a database of names and using the imposition layout you could have each "cell" use a different name when you lasered the workpiece.

This could be used to laser multiple plates or plaques at one time with different names on each one.

I thought the email with the article was saved on my computer but a "bug" must have eaten it.

Thanks,
Dean

Mike Null
03-15-2007, 6:47 PM
http://www.engravingconcepts.com/flash_coreldraw.htm

try this and the other at the same site. In fact there are several, all good.

Joe Pelonio
03-15-2007, 6:56 PM
Hi folks,

I thought the email with the article was saved on my computer but a "bug" must have eaten it.

Thanks,
Dean

Those darned bugs again!!

Dean Flannery
03-16-2007, 10:55 AM
Thanks Mike,

That was exactly what I was looking for. That guy makes a great teacher, admits he doesn't know everthing but gets the job done anyway.

Thanks again,
Dean

Scott Shepherd
03-16-2007, 11:43 AM
I watched those clips last night and I've sat going through them myself this morning and I can't thank him enough. I'm guessing it's Roy Brewer from this site. If so, thanks Roy! I come from a CADD/CAM background and drawing/trimming in Corel is a challenge for me. I can almost always get things drawn I need, but it's almost always done the hard way.

There were some tips on there that really made the lightbulb go on and helped me so much.

My favorite saying "For no other reason", which gets said often. Loved that.

Thanks for the link to it, and thanks for the clips all together. Wonderful stuff for us newbies.

Jeanette Brewer
03-16-2007, 1:05 PM
I'm guessing it's Roy Brewer from this site. If so, thanks Roy!

You are correct -- it is Roy Brewer. I forwarded your note of "thanks" to him.