PDA

View Full Version : Pen making kit supplier needed.

William Haun
12-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Hello,

I have just finished a pen and pencil set that I had purchased a "long" time ago. I liked the look if the pens so much that I wish to make more, but I cannot remember/nor find a supplier. The pen kit was a slimline style, chrome plated, and the package had "CR104 Woodworker's Warehouse" printed on it. The pencil had CR105 on it.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Bill, a weekday lurker.

Charles McKinley
12-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Hi Bill,

The only kits I've seen at the WW Warehouse here were from Jet. Try Brea (sp) Hardwoods. some of the pen turners might have a better idea.

Good Luck

Mike Leonard
12-17-2003, 12:46 PM
Try these:

packardwoodworks.com

woodturnerscatalog.com

woodturningz.com

pennstateind.com

Rod Torgeson
12-17-2003, 12:50 PM
Bill...Here are a couple of places that have pen and pencils supplies. Craft Supplies USA 1-800-551-8876. The web site is www.woodturnerscatalog.com.

Penn State Industries 1-800-377-7297. The web site is www.pennstateind.com.

Hope this helps. Rod in Appleton, WA

Joe Tonich
12-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Hey Bill,

Go to Berea Hardwood's site:http://www.bereahardwoods.com/ Thats where I go for pen/pencil kits. Jim & Larry are good guys and will do their best to help you out. They have a lot of diff. exotic blanks too if your looking for something special.

Joe

Julie Wright
12-17-2003, 3:28 PM
Call Ryan or Jason, they are more than helpful.
Prices are good too.
Ryan is a wood turner
:)
(888) 736-5487
www.woodturningz.com

Kevin Gerstenecker
12-17-2003, 7:17 PM
For the best in Pen Making supplies and service, there is only one place you need to go..........www.bereahardwoods.com
I have only been turning Pens for a short time, but long enough to know that all Pen Components are NOT created equal. Berea manufacturers what they sell, and they are outstanding to deal with as well.
(Not affiliated with Berea Hardwoods, just a very satisfied customer!)

William Haun
12-19-2003, 4:51 PM
Thanks all for the links and input. I looked at the BereaHardwoods web site but did not really see what I wanted. Then I remembered that I did have their latest catalog. Looked in there and it has more chrome options. I will need to decide what I want, but I am optomistic that it is out there.