PDA

View Full Version : Free Lathe

Tony De Masi
03-15-2007, 2:58 PM
Hi All,

Although I was initially try to sell this lathe I have changed my mind. I have a three year old Delta 46-715 that up until recently has seen very minimal use. I am willing to part with it for the right reason. If any of you know of someone who would really like to get into turning but doesn't have the initial budget for a purchase then that's who I'm looking for. I'm not at all interested in someone who has the means and is looking for a freebie.

The lathe with come with all it's original equipment such as faceplate, wrench, knockout bar, tools manual, and mobile base.

I'm in the Northern Virginia area and would prefer a pick up but a delivery is certainly possible.

And for those of you who are wondering why it's because a Mustard is in my future.

Tony

David Walser
03-15-2007, 3:08 PM
Very generous and congrats on the new Powermatic. I'm sure you'll love it.

Just one minor correction: There's no such thing as a free lathe! My first lathe may have only cost $200 to purchase, but I've spent thousands on the addiction since then with no cure in sight!

Brian McInturff
03-15-2007, 3:21 PM
Tony,
That sure is mighty generous of you. And congratulations on the Mustard. I'm more than certain there is some lonely sole out there who's life will be turned around by your generosity.
Brian

Keith Burns
03-15-2007, 3:25 PM
Awhile back, the "crew" here at smc funded a lathe and accessories that was donated to a school. Might be a place that could touch a lot of people.

Frank Kobilsek
03-15-2007, 3:33 PM
Tony
May the spirits of all the great woodturners of the past watch over you and spare you from catches, cracks, and low orbit flying saucers for this kind offer.

Frank

Bill Wyko
03-15-2007, 3:43 PM
I could sure use a bigger lathe and my jet mini just had the power switch come apart.:D

John Hart
03-15-2007, 3:44 PM
Pretty wonderful!! :)

Hope you find the right match.;)

Doug Collins
03-15-2007, 4:12 PM
Very generous of you! It truly is better to give than to receive. (but receiving is pretty nice too!)

Ken Werner
03-15-2007, 4:19 PM
Tony, I've seen some fine acts of kindness here on the creek. Yours tops the list. Good luck finding a worthy recipient.

Ken

Bob Spare
03-15-2007, 4:45 PM
Hi All,
I'm in the Northern Virginia area and would prefer a pick up but a delivery is certainly possible.
Tony

Move closer to Fort Wayne, Ind. Then we will talk.

Bernie Weishapl
03-15-2007, 5:00 PM
Tony what a generous act. You know it will be returned three fold. Very nice.

Rich Chilcot
03-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Well done Tony! A great and generous gift. If you need a hand making room for the Powernatic or whatever, you can count on me.

Steve Kubien
03-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Nicely done Tony. May I suggest contacting an organization like Big Bros/Sisters? (Or pick whichever charitable organization you feel close to). They might be able to help you find a good home for the Delta.

Just a thought,
Steve Kubien
Ajax, Ontario

Bill Lantry
03-16-2007, 1:04 AM
Tony,

If no one else is taking it, I'm just up the road in Silver Spring. And yes, I have my own pickup truck! ;)

Let me know what you decide...

Thanks,

Bill

Tony De Masi
03-16-2007, 7:31 AM
Thanks for the comments guys. I found a lady in S.E. Virginia who has been wanting a lathe but couldn't afford it so she is the one who I was looking for.

Rich, since you made the offer, and of course I was going to call you anyway, I will take you up on it.

Tony

Dario Octaviano
03-16-2007, 7:46 AM
Great act of kindness...may you be rewarded a hundred fold for it.

Glenn Hodges
03-16-2007, 8:50 AM
Tony, your compassion for others is seldom seen in the modern world. A lot of people today are trying to get things from others rather than help others. I like to think that helping others is the core of the success of the Creek, and you exemplefy what the Creek is all about. You are an asset to our forum.

Tony De Masi
03-18-2007, 12:46 PM
CONGRATULATIONS to Lorelei of S.E. Virginia. She just came and picked up the lathe and I'm pretty sure she will be taking some classes at Woodcraft and joining the Tidwater Turners.

Good Luck Lorelei and remember to send some pictures.

Tony