PDA

View Full Version : Trip Planning Update.

Jim Young
03-15-2007, 12:32 PM
I previously asked for some trip information a while back in this thread:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=43443&highlight=trip

Now I have plotted out the sights which my Dad and I are most interested in. The heavy majority of the places are found in Arizona, Utah, Colorado, Nevada with lots of open holes in the mid west. Now I'm thinking that maybe we should fly into Vegas and rent a car from there. This would open up the schedule and we could hit Washington and Oregon, also some of my favorite states. Did a search last night for rentals and came across a good deal on a PT Cruiser convertible. The idea of a convertible sounds fun but I was wondering if that would be a bad idea since we will be travelling in historically hot states during July. Just looking for others' opinions on what they think about the convertible. Is it silly to be driving around getting a head burn?

Joe Pelonio
03-15-2007, 12:42 PM
Is it silly to be driving around getting a head burn?
Make sure to bring a hat. :D As long as it has A/C you can always close the top in the hottest part if the afternoon, seems like it would be a lot of fun though.

If you make it up here to the Seattle area July and August are the ONLY months that you'd want a convertible.

John Gregory
03-15-2007, 12:45 PM
I am in Utah and in July northern Utah is around 90's and southern Utah low 100's. If it is hot put the top up and the AC on, mornings and evenings, go topless.