PDA

View Full Version : Penn's Wood customer service?

John W. Willis
03-14-2007, 7:48 PM
In this day and time it's always easier to pick out and complain about bad customer service but few of us take the time to let others know when they encounter good customer service, I include myself in this category.

I recently placed an order for some stopper blanks from Penn's Wood that I found here on the forum.

I got great communication from Bill and great service. The shipping was quick and I got more than my moneys worth. You can't ask for more than that.

(No I'm not related nor am I his publicity agent)

I will certainly do business with him again! :D

Bob Hallowell
03-14-2007, 7:53 PM
Good to hear John,
I stopped up in person the other day and Bill is a very nice guy trying to make a living. His stock is good and prices are to. I plan on buying more in the future as he will probally be my go to guy for green wood I don't cut myself. As I can pick it up.

Bob

William Fourness
03-14-2007, 8:10 PM
Thanks guys. Just a simple hard working man, trying to provide for his family, get this stock in to better hands and better uses.
I am going to the mill tomorrow to scale and photograph some kiln dry lumber. We got like 300 bdft of kiln dry Black Cherry, maybe 150-200 bdft of Butternut and some very usual figured maple too. So that should be listed as well. Kurt one of my logging friends is close to the shop so that means soon some big cherry crotch slabs, and some cherry burl.
So hopefully together we can get more of the timber salvage into better hands and better places. Most lays and rot or is fuel wood.
So lets see if we can not turn some of this wood. We got plenty here, got mill, kiln and a few other toys here so don't be shy on asking.
Thanks again.
Bill