PDA

View Full Version : PM2000 outfeed rollers?

Mike Tempel
03-14-2007, 7:52 AM
Has anyone installed an aftermarket outfeed roller system on a PM2000? I have found that HTC has one (HTC HOR-1038U 37-Inch x 31-Inch Table Saw Outfeed Roller Table)and All Pro Tools has it on sale currently for $220. I looked on Amazon for customer reviews and found one that said it could not be mounted on a PM2000 due to the dust collection port being in the way. If this is indeed true (and I have no reason to think otherwise) has anyone found and installed an outfeed roller system to their PM2000? I don't have the room for anything other than a folding system and really like the idea of the rollers so I am not thinking that building a table extension is for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your comments and hopefully useful suggestions.

Mike

Jim Becker
03-14-2007, 9:26 AM
If you are processing a lot of material continuously through the saw, the outfeed rollers can be a functional addition to your setup. But remember, they cannot be used for anything else...like when you really, really need additional work space for assembly of a large project, etc. The HTC unit is reported to be a good product...and even OEMed by some of the saw manufacturers if I recall clearly. An alternative might be a portable expanding roller stand that you can store way easily...it will still allow you to have a folding outfeed table on the saw for more common tasks and short runs of material.

Frank Snyder
03-14-2007, 10:36 AM
Mike - I have the PM2000 and I just use a collapse-able roller stand for outfeed support when needed. I can see where the dust port might get it the way with the HTC system. Since my workspace is at a premium, I like the stand since I can quickly recapture the space behind the saw when I need it, plus the roller stand serves more than just my table saw (planer, drill press, router table, etc...). For large 4x8 sheets of plywood, I break them down first on some saw horses, a 4x8 sheet of 2" foamboard and my Festool guide rail and saw. I'll then square them up to size on the TS. If I had more space to spare, I might consider building an outfeed table which IMO offers more versatility than the HTC rollers.

Chris Jenkins
03-14-2007, 10:58 AM
Rumor has it this problem has already been identified by the PM techs and their is a new outfeed table in the works. As to when or what, no clue...

I don't have a PM2000, but I am getting ready to build an outfeed for my PM66. I am going to go with a cabinet style outfeed table, which takes up lots more space then the fold down rollers.

This model has a few shelves in the side and a few shelves in the back. The last one I made had only one shelf running through the middle, but the long shelf sagged (as expected). This time I ran a support through the middle to help prevent this.

Also I added a bigger "lip" on the backside so I can but the outfeed up against the back of the table, but not interfer with the back rail of the PM66

Doug Shepard
03-14-2007, 11:40 AM
I've got one on my PM66 and really like it, despite a few installation issues. I don't have to continually level a roller stand to my saw table every time I roll out the TS. Dont know how much different a PM2000 is but if the port size and relative location are similar the pics on mine may give you some idea. I can certainly see where a permanent DC attachment might be a problem even on mine, but I dont (or wont) have a permanent hookup anyway.
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=18250