PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Racket???

Charles McKinley
03-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Hi All,

Please recommend a decent low to moderately priced tennis racket. My brother is headed back to Kuwait and wants to take one for a man that used to work for him. Dan said he was really good but only had an old wooden racket that he could not afford to upgrade.

Thanks for the advice,

Tyler Howell
03-14-2007, 8:01 AM
Charles
They're kind of a personal thing:confused:

Weight
Grip
standard or oversized.Wilson's been a standard for years.

Charlie Schultz
03-14-2007, 12:20 PM
What Tyler said is true. That being said, if he's been using a wooden racquet, he'd probably be happy with anything new. I'd suggest a mid-size and maybe 4 1/2 grip (or 4 5/8 if he's a big guy). I'd say a decent one, strung (mid range tension), will run about $100. They can go over $200 and down to $25. I like the Wilson Hyper.

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-14-2007, 12:57 PM
tennis racket. [...] Kuwait

??? Wha? huh ???
Tennis in Kuwait? Really??

I spent several months in the middle east and never, not once, saw a tennis court. I asked a local and he looked at me like I had two heads asking me "Who'd play tennis in this heat?" Similarly I enquired about swimming pools. The answer: "We have to desalinate sea-water to drink who's going to afford a swimming pool?"

Clearly I was not hanging with oil rich Kuwaities.

Do they play tennis indoors or outdoors??

Steven Wilson
03-14-2007, 1:52 PM
I lived in Saudi for 10 years and played tennis much of the year on outdoor courts, swam everyday in a pool too. I visited Kuwait on business a fair number of times (Iraq too, before the first Gulf War) and many hotels and compounds have tennis courts (as well as pools). There are lot's of decent sporting goods stores in Kuwait and Saudi where you can get all of the name brand tennis gear, usually at a price less than the US.

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-14-2007, 3:19 PM
I lived in Saudi for 10 years and played tennis much of the year on outdoor courts, swam everyday in a pool too.

I was in Israel. They didn't have any tennis courts and I never saw a swimming pool.

Charles McKinley
03-14-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks Guys,

I believe it is an outdoor court. Not an oil rich Kuaitee but an autobody tech from India. I'll ask Dan if he can't get it there. He implied that he couldn't. Time is getting short be fore he leaves.

Thanks again,