PDA

View Full Version : It's Here! My very first Gloat post

Anthony Anderson
03-13-2007, 10:56 PM
My 5hp SawStop arrived yesterday, and was delivered today. I have everything EXCEPT the fence rails. Oh well, who needs those anyway, can't we cut free hand now that those brakes are in place:D? Just kidding, I wouldn't try that. The fence rails were lost by the shipping company, and are somewhere between Seattle and the mighty Mississippi. SawStop is supposed to drop ship me a new pair and then deal with the shipping company. The saw is still in the crate, as I am finishing welding the mobile base tonight. I hope to have it uncrated and in the basement by tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. I might go ahead and uncrate it tonight, may not be able to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for all of the advise, Bill

Sammy Shuford
03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Congrats on the new saw. Hope it serves you well.:)

Don Bullock
03-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Bill, congratulations. I'm hoping to be able to order one this month.

Anthony Anderson
03-14-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks Guys. Don I thought I would let you know that I bought two of the HTC clearance mobile bases for $65 including shipping, and I am taking the two and making my SawStop mobile base. So far it is working out pretty well. If you have a welder, this is a good way to save $200 compared to the cost of a new base. I will have 3-4 hours in the base when I am done, and I am including in the design a feature that will allow me to take my SawStop into my basement without as much effort, and much more safely. I know I should have just bought one after spending the money for a SS, but I like doing things like this, and it will save me a few dollars. I will post pictures when I am done. Thanks, Bill

Don Bullock
03-14-2007, 1:01 AM
Bill, thank you for the information. That sounds very good. Unfortunately I never learned to weld.

I'm buying the saw uncrated, installed on a HTC base made for the SawStop. They are uncrating the saw, checking everything out on it including all specs, assembling the mobil base, putting the saw on it, delivering it to my home on a truck with a liftgate, and rolling it into my garage for me.

Anthony Anderson
03-14-2007, 1:14 AM
That sounds like very good service Don. Enjoy your new saw. Regards, Bill

Bill, thank you for the information. That sounds very good. Unfortunately I never learned to weld.

I'm buying the saw uncrated, installed on a HTC base made for the SawStop. They are uncrating the saw, checking everything out on it including all specs, assembling the mobil base, putting the saw on it, delivering it to my home on a truck with a liftgate, and rolling it into my garage for me.

Bruce Page
03-14-2007, 1:14 AM
Where’s the pic police when you need `em? :D
Congrats on the new!

Mike Heidrick
03-14-2007, 1:41 AM
My 5hp SawStop arrived yesterday, and was delivered today. I have everything EXCEPT the fence rails. Oh well, who needs those anyway, can't we cut free hand now that those brakes are in place:D? Just kidding, I wouldn't try that. The fence rails were lost by the shipping company, and are somewhere between Seattle and the mighty Mississippi. SawStop is supposed to drop ship me a new pair and then deal with the shipping company. The saw is still in the crate, as I am finishing welding the mobile base tonight. I hope to have it uncrated and in the basement by tomorrow, if it doesn't rain. I might go ahead and uncrate it tonight, may not be able to wait until tomorrow. Thanks for all of the advise, Bill

Awesome and welcome to the SS club and the 5hp club at that!!

Keep us updated on the base!

Get some pics!

Jim Becker
03-14-2007, 9:37 AM
Anthony, Anthony, Anthony...congratulations on your presumed recept of a SawStop...but with 350 posts under your belt you know the rule: Pictures!!! :D

Ron Blaise
03-14-2007, 9:39 AM
What?? No pics? Didn't happen! Congratulations Anthony and enjoy your new toy.