PDA

View Full Version : Attention ALL of the ORDER OF THE VORTEX

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Tomorrow Morning I'm teaching another "Introduction to Woodturning" class. I hope to assimilate four new victims..............er New Members to the Vortex Corps.:D

Your concentration At 9:AM will help them to fall under the spell.:p

Bruce;)

Neal Addy
03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
Note to self: Light a candle at 9am and chant "ohmmm, bowl gouge, ohmmm".

Bernie Weishapl
03-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Yep note to self. HHHHuuuuummmmm can you say skew HHHHHHuuuuuummmmm. :cool:;)

Nancy Laird
03-13-2007, 11:37 PM
Bruce, is it okay if I chant at 8:00 a.m. rather than 9:00? I'm in Mountain time zone, so if I wait until 9 here, it may be too late. I'll be ommmmmming at the right time.

Nancy

Ken Fitzgerald
03-14-2007, 2:25 AM
Nancy.....Bruce took it for granted the Vortexees would automatically correct of time and space differences.....I'll start at 0700 as I head out to the shop.....northern Idaho is in the Pacific Time Zone.

OHMMMMMMMMMMIWANNANOTHERBOWLGOUGEANDSKEW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>OHMIWANNANOTHER LATHEBECAUSEBIGGERISBETTER>>>>>>>OHMMMMMMMMMMMM

Andy Hoyt
03-14-2007, 9:08 AM
The vortex transcends all time zones on an equal basis through the copius use of abysseratillium-25. This means, for example, that in two hours I'll be in Maine and California simultaneously. I do need to point out however, that the confluence of this particular space time continuum does tend to cause earthshakes in the southern Great Lakes area when those of equine persuasion are denied their right to sleep in past noon.

Neal Addy
03-14-2007, 10:06 AM
Bruce, I think it's working!! I believe the earth is starting to spin!

Oh wait... it was already doing that, wasn't it?

Neal (Feeling the force)

Bill Wyko
03-14-2007, 2:35 PM
I was wondering how I ended up under this spell:D

Nancy Laird
03-14-2007, 2:37 PM
But did it work?????

Bill Wyko
03-14-2007, 2:41 PM
You becha!:D

Kaptan J.W. Meek
03-14-2007, 7:23 PM
After reading Andy's post, my head was starting to spin!! Everyone with a gouge, BACK OFF!

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-14-2007, 8:25 PM
I am glad to report that both couples walked out with their own Mini Lathe. One a Jet 10" with VS and Indexing and the other went for the Rikon 12".

Both got some "Starter tooling". The Wolverine comes later.

They all, also, carried home their first turned Slimline Pen.

Thanks for your help. I have another class (re-scheduled from a SNOW DAY) on March 28.

Bruce

Christopher K. Hartley
03-15-2007, 8:49 AM
I am glad to report that both couples walked out with their own Mini Lathe. One a Jet 10" with VS and Indexing and the other went for the Rikon 12".

Both got some "Starter tooling". The Wolverine comes later.

They all, also, carried home their first turned Slimline Pen.

Thanks for your help. I have another class (re-scheduled from a SNOW DAY) on March 28.

BruceWhat a Salesman!! Hey Bruce, I've got a opportunity for you selling Cemetery and Funeral Arrangements.:cool: However, I am a bit concerned about how your methods would translate to our product.:eek: You know things like "...assimilate four new victims." :D :D Congrats my friend!!:)

Doug M Jones
03-15-2007, 9:07 AM
Does the insanity ever end.

Story seems familiar. Let's see, went to turners club demo, made a pen, order lathe and tools the next day.

Lathe came but not the tools so I can't turn anything yet but I'm still researching the best chuck for my Jet Mini and pricing sharpening systems, maybe get the bed extension and ordered pen mandrels and assorted kits and supplies. Pushed other flat-work on the honey-do list aside, gotta build a cabinet base for the new lathe.

I think I need to make the credit card statements paperless. Less evidence for LOML.

Is there a 12 step support group???

I think I need one of those Beal polishing systems. MAKE IT STOP!!!!