PDA

View Full Version : Look what landed today

Tom Cowie
03-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Hello to all

The LOML has let me live my woodworking dream the past couple of months.
I have upgraded and replaced. Not too gloat but here is what came today.

60210 60211

I'll let you know how it does but so far after a few boards... :D :D :D ..I like it !!!!!

Ps:: she's taking me to the Chantilly Va. show friday... What a Woman !!!!!

Tom

Don Bullock
03-13-2007, 11:18 PM
That's a super gloat. Please let us know how you like your new "toy" errrr machine. Maybe she'll find something else for you at the show. I hope you're ready to "return the favor" with some "bling" for her.;)

Rennie Heuer
03-14-2007, 7:45 AM
Does she have a sister? :eek: :D :D

Tyler Howell
03-14-2007, 7:51 AM
Love the Gold standard!!!:rolleyes:

Mario Lucchesi
03-14-2007, 8:15 AM
WOW. That is Awesome!

Mitchell Andrus
03-14-2007, 8:41 AM
I've had mine for two years now. It has been a flawless performer. It will, if you aren't careful, snipe just a bit at the ends of a board (like most tools). Either take lighter but more passes (should do this anyway), or gently lift the other end of the board to relieve some pressure on the end getting sanded. Not a big concern, just be mindful....

The drums are not spring loaded so it is possible to overload and ruin a drum's coating. Hasn't happened to me - yet.

I'm getting my paper at Woodworkers Supply. 3" wide, 14' 7". I use 120 (118-544) in front, 180 (118-565) in the rear. Works great on QS White Oak. I run everything through there. . Good luck with it.

Mike Waddell
03-14-2007, 8:48 AM
LOVE that sander! Congrats!

Jim Becker
03-14-2007, 9:16 AM
A fine looking machine! Congratulations! Extra kisses to the LOYL are due and payable...but you already knew that... :D

James Carmichael
03-14-2007, 11:00 AM
Wow, can I send SWMBO to take lessons from that lady?

Tom Cowie
03-14-2007, 7:04 PM
I've had mine for two years now. It has been a flawless performer. It will, if you aren't careful, snipe just a bit at the ends of a board (like most tools). Either take lighter but more passes (should do this anyway), or gently lift the other end of the board to relieve some pressure on the end getting sanded. Not a big concern, just be mindful....

The drums are not spring loaded so it is possible to overload and ruin a drum's coating. Hasn't happened to me - yet.

I'm getting my paper at Woodworkers Supply. 3" wide, 14' 7". I use 120 (118-544) in front, 180 (118-565) in the rear. Works great on QS White Oak. I run everything through there. . Good luck with it.

Thanks for looking and thanks for the compliments everyone.
Yes she does have a sister (not married) but she is not cut from the same mold!!
Mitchell I would be very interested in a "Tool Review" from you about your sander. It might save me some time. I didn't find alot of info on this model.

Tom :)