PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid fence ?

Al Willits
03-13-2007, 7:55 PM
I have the 30" Delta hybrid fence rail on my TS and would like to go to the 50", Delta list 50" systems, but I only need the rail.
Any suggestions?
A web search hasn't come up with separate rails for sale.

Al.....who thinks he may be able to afford this upgrade....:D
tia

Bruce Wrenn
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Go to the parts lists for your saw. I'm not clear as to what exact fence you have. The rails/ tube may be standard steel shapes. The t2 uses 2" square tubing, while the commercial Bies uses 2X3 rect. tubing.

Al Willits
03-19-2007, 3:41 PM
Interesting trip this was, first emailed Delta and after a week, nothing, decided to call them, no go, they don't offer a 50" rail for anything separately.
Went to the Biesemeyer site and found one, called Delta back and with a part number they found it.....he asked if I was sitting down....
$536 for a guide and rail tube.

Nope.....ain't gonna happen, only paid $900 for the saw.

So unless somebody else has any idea's, I'm gonna try and move the rail to the right about 10" and forget about using the fence on the left side of the blade.
Better than nothing and the 10" will give me enough room to slide the fence over when I use my sled....$536????????????

Al...who thinks at these prices it would be cheaper to buy a Sawstop....

glenn bradley
03-19-2007, 3:44 PM
If it is indeed a Bies rail they are found many places including in the classified for folks who want to go shorter for space readons. Good luck! Odd thing about the price Delta gave you; Bies sells the whole fence and rails for about that (???).

Al Willits
03-19-2007, 4:00 PM
Ya, I asked about that and he said that was the price listed....go figure..:confused:

Maybe I'll post a WTB and see what happens, thanks

Al

Just checked, I can get the whole fence system for appox $450 at Tool King, they gotta be quoting me the system price...grrrr

Mike Putnam
03-19-2007, 7:30 PM
try amazon.com do a serach for" Delta 36-150 50-Inch Table Saw Unifence Rail"
its 135$ and 20% off using code pta20off at checkout and free shipping something like 110$ delivered

hope it helps.

Al Willits
03-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Thanks Mike, figured it had to be somewhere...:)
Not sure but will the unifence work on the Biesmeyer fence, aren't they different?
Al

Gregg Feldstone
03-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Al, I have a spare guidetube that's just sitting in a box for my 50" Bessy system. I can let you have it very cheap + shipping if you're interested.
I've thought I may use it for smaller fences or jigs but I don't have metal cutting tools and it's taking up space.

Al Willits
03-20-2007, 2:24 PM
Well I was gonna say I finally found the 50" and got a part number, 78150 and Delta will sell it to me, but I'll PM Gregg first...:D

What a bunch...:D

Al