PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell (Sm Gloat)

Bob Spare
03-13-2007, 3:28 PM
Had the opportunity to get this load of Cedar Wood.
90% of it is 11" wide by 7 1/2 long, with lap joints. Had to remove it from a recreation room.

Took my Mikita rip saw, and ripped it close to the ceiling, and close to the floor.

Been hanging in the room for about 15 years. They sure wanted to make sure it didnt come down. Used 16 penny
nails with heads. That is why I ripped it.

It took my son-in-law (he owed me favors) and I about 6 hours to get it done. The room was 14 by 14.

Should make some nice outdoor products.

Here is the best part:

FREE- just take it down:eek: :D :p

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r33/BobGlen/Wood%20Man/Mywood002.jpg

Ted Miller
03-13-2007, 3:35 PM
Bob, I love those kinds free discounts on lumber, I had on old church be repaired not far from my house and they were throwing away the old pews, all oak. The oak is all 6" wide tough and groove, the contractor said "hall it away and its yours". Wound up with approx. 400 bf, hehe...

Lynn Sonier
03-13-2007, 3:56 PM
Nice load of wood.
We have a very large church here in Thibodaux, Louisiana, that underwent a complete renovation about 2 years ago. The oak pews were hauled to New Orleans and placed in storage until they could be re-finished. Then, here comes those two not-too nice hurricanes and the pews ended up floating in the warehouse and splitting like mad. The company that was supposed to do the refinishing ended up paying for new pews which are nowhere as nice as the old ones as they were made of a bunch of sticks of oak glued together. The old pews were made of maybe 4 or 5 planks.