PDA

View Full Version : Woodturner on HGTV

Brian McInturff
03-13-2007, 2:54 PM
Lissi Oland of the Oland tool will be on HGTV. Found this on the Oland tool website. Should be interesting. Brian

Modern Masters: Women Artisans
Home and Garden TV (HGTV) (http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/project/0,1158,CROH_project_33833,FF.html)
Wednesday, March 13 at 10pm & 1am EST

Chris Barton
03-13-2007, 3:36 PM
Hey Brian,

Thanks alot! I'm always looking for a woodworking show to watch.

Belinda Barfield
03-13-2007, 3:56 PM
Lissi Oland of the Oland tool will be on HGTV. Found this on the Oland tool website. Should be interesting. Brian

Modern Masters: Women Artisans
Home and Garden TV (HGTV) (http://www.hgtv.com/HGTV/project/0,1158,CROH_project_33833,FF.html)
Wednesday, March 13 at 10pm & 1am EST

:confused: I'm so confused! I wanted to know more about the show and went to the HGTV website. Listed for 10:00 p.m. tonight is "House Hunters". Help please.

Robert McGowen
03-13-2007, 4:29 PM
The last "Wednesday, March 13th" I can find was in 2002. Also, the HGTV website lists this series as currently not being shown . I suspect that Oland tools needs to update their website! :rolleyes:

Belinda Barfield
03-13-2007, 4:35 PM
The last "Wednesday, March 13th" I can find was in 2002. Also, the HGTV website lists this series as currently not being shown . I suspect that Oland tools needs to update their website! :rolleyes:

Well now see, that would explain the confusion!! :o I knew today was the 13th, but was confused about the Tuesday/Wednesday thing. I did search HGTV for the series as well and couldn't find current listings. I think I will blame this on that last shot of Ol' #7 I had last night. Me and old JD had a little meetin' of the minds - which, unfortunately, is not so conducive to having all one's faculties available the next day. (Good thing my boss was buyin' the shots!)

Thanks fer settin' me straight!!:D

Chris Barton
03-13-2007, 4:44 PM
In my town Modern Masters is on the Fine Living Network (FLN) and it comes on at the time that Brian originally posted.

Brian McInturff
03-13-2007, 5:51 PM
Boy, I blew that one. I was excited to see it too. Guess I'll have to check and see what's upcoming on FLN. I think I may also send Lissi or Helen an email about how disappointed I was to find out the show aired in 2002:eek: Brian

Mike Wilkins
03-14-2007, 10:57 AM
Lissa is the widow of Knud Oland, a well-known turner from the western NC area. I met them both at a WW show in Atlanta in the early 90's. I still have 2 of their turning tools that are very well made with large cherry handles.
I think their turning tools are available from Highland Hardware.
I miss Modern Masters. HGTV is notorious for pulling a popular show off the air to replace it with something goofy.