PDA

View Full Version : DC for Delta 37-190 jointer

Brian Thomas
03-13-2007, 2:41 PM
I just got the Delta 50-760 dust collector and am now trying to figure out the best way to hook up to each of my tools. It'll be pretty straightforward on most, but my jointer is the Delta 37-190, which has an open frame and no built-in dust collection port. It has a dust shoot that spits the shavings out onto the floor. I'm wondering if anyone has either found a port that will fit this jointer or made one for it that works well. I plan to use 5" ducting. Thanks for any suggestions/tips.

Brian

Jim DeLaney
03-15-2007, 11:06 AM
I have that same jointer. Mine has the dust chute fully enclosed, and has an (optional) 4" DC connector at the bottom of the chute.

How old is your jointer? Perhaps it was made before the DC connection was available. If that's the case, you might want to check out the parts lists for the newer-made one to see if you can buy the part(s) you need. You might also just be able to make an 'end cap' for the chute on yours, and use a standard DC fitting from one of the many vendors that sell them. I did that for an older jointer that I used to have. Cost me about six bucks, as I recall...