PDA

View Full Version : Navy Seal

John Hardage
03-13-2007, 2:03 PM
Anyone have a copy of the US Navy Seal? I'm looking for one I can raster onto my sister's phone before they send her away again. Tried tracing one out, but it'll take longer than I have, she's outta here in the morning. Thx all!

Joe Pelonio
03-13-2007, 2:09 PM
You'd need to be more specific, I think I have about 20 naval seals.

See if perhaps this one will work.

John Hardage
03-13-2007, 2:22 PM
This links to a book cover that has the seal I'm looking for. I tried to post the one I'm working with but it's too large a file for the forum, the below link is the same as the one I'm working with though.

https://extensis.cnrc.navy.mil/netpub/server.np?find&catalog=graphics&template=detail.np&field=itemid&op=matches&value=585&site=Bravado

Dave Jones
03-13-2007, 2:30 PM
It looks pretty much like the Naval reserve logo here:

http://www.defenselink.mil/multimedia/web_graphics/

except for the words that say Naval Reserve

John Hardage
03-13-2007, 5:06 PM
Yeah, it looks right, just such low resolution that it doesn't outline well. That, and the mods required. Hoping Joe has the one I need in his collection:)

Mike Null
03-13-2007, 6:48 PM
This one's cobbled together but you might have time to change the colors and get it done.

I would convert it to a 600 dpi grayscale bitmap.

Best wishes to your sister.

Joe Pelonio
03-13-2007, 7:00 PM
Sorry, been busy and haven't checked in. Don't have that one but maybe
one of these or mix/match will work?

Jody Malinich
03-13-2007, 7:18 PM
Try this one.

Keith Outten
03-13-2007, 7:47 PM
John,

Here is a black and white logo that is very close.

John Hardage
03-14-2007, 2:24 AM
Thanks to all! Mike, yours ended up working out perfectly, I had to save it as a 1200 dpi conversion to grayscale, convert to b/w, then trace. Thanks much! I passed along your best wishes to her to, she says thanks, over there they can use all the help they can get:) Got a couple of things run off for her before she goes, happy sister:)

Joe, my system kept trying to pretend your zip file was a broderbund file, didn't work with either prog, I probably have to troubleshoot this machine. Pesky computers, I'm not sure just who works for who with these things.....