PDA

View Full Version : Accuris

Shannon Burkitt
03-13-2007, 11:08 AM
Does anyone own an Accuris?
Any problems with it?

I recently purchased one from SignWarehouse and I'm having quite a few problems. The first one they shipped I had to ship back - now the second one is giving me grief. I've spent 2 months doing repairs and I am wondering if anyone else is having problems.

Lisa Quinlan
03-13-2007, 1:05 PM
Hi Shannon,
I purchased an Accuris from Sign warehouse in August. I have had some problems. Mostly with tech support. At first I thought mine was a used machine. The wires in the cord were broken, the laser beam was cracked. The allignment has been a problem lately. When it's working it's seems to be a good machine. The detail is really good. But I am very disappointed in the tech support. They don't get back to you for a couple days, if at all.
They are very timely about taking their payment every month though.
I thought when I bought this machine I was buying a pinnacle. A while back someone on this sight said that the accuris is a machine sign warehouse put together with purshased parts, but not sure if that's accurate.
What troubles are you having? Maybe I have has simaliar ones.

Dave Jones
03-13-2007, 2:21 PM
The Accuris is a rebranded version of the ILS-III made by LTT in Taiwan.

http://www.lttcorp.com/english/general_marketlils-3.asp

Lisa Quinlan
03-13-2007, 4:23 PM
Is a rebranded version a good thing?:confused:

Gary Hair
03-13-2007, 8:59 PM
Is a rebranded version a good thing?:confused:

It's not necessarily a bad thing. I have a Pinnacle ZX that is a re-branded GCC. As long as the "rebranders" provide support it shouldn't matter what name is on it.

Mike Hood
03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
I'm sure Kevin Huffman will see your post and get back to you. I've only had one minor issue with my machine, but they were all over it and got my part out in no time.

Great experience overall.

Dave Jones
03-13-2007, 11:13 PM
Rebranding is not a bad thing. My computer monitors are made by Sony and rebranded by IBM.

I was just pointing out who the actual manufacturer is, and that they aren't put together by Sign Warehouse from misc parts.

Gary Shoemake
03-14-2007, 9:36 AM
It might take a few days if your looking for Kevin to respond. He's off on his honeymoon. I think that he is away until the end of next week.

Shannon Burkitt
03-14-2007, 2:31 PM
Lisa

The first machine that was shipped to me had a cracked lens, a broken laser pointer and eventually the laser stopped firing all together. The second machine that was shipped had a problem w/ the laser firing from the get go - I had to replace the laser transfer board (or something like that). Then when we ran a project that was the size of the table, we found that the laser wasn't firing at the same power in different parts of the table - alignment is fine and it's still not working right. I got off to a really rocky start w/ tech support, but I spoke to a manager this morning who said they would fly in a tech to repair. One good thing, in the past 2 months we've learned how to build a laser - I wonder if anyone wants to rebrand it.

Mike Hood
03-14-2007, 3:30 PM
I almost went for the Acuris over the ZX. I could've gotten more wattage, but opted for the larger bed size. Looked like a good machine overall. Do you find the stepper motors have good speed and resolution?

If I remember correctly the Acuris has a deeper bed and better efficiency with the laser being mounted on the top rather than bottom of the cabinet?

Shannon Burkitt
03-14-2007, 3:43 PM
Mike - when the machine was working (somewhat), we liked what we saw for the most part. I'll let you know once everything is running right.

Mike Hood
03-14-2007, 3:48 PM
That'd be great. I was very closing to purchasing one, but in the end I went with the ZX (for bed size mainly).

For what it's worth, I've had only positive experiences with both Sign Warehouse staff and support.

Pepe trueno
01-30-2008, 7:18 PM
Hi everybody,

I am from Venezuela, South America.

I am thinking of getting an Accuris PowerSHARP Laser Engraver and I want to know if somebody has it and if it is a good machine. I have read that some of you ha a problem or two, but passing this first steps and having using the machine I would like to get you most honest opinion about the machine.

I think that it is hard to get on the market for 20.000 a brand new 60 watt laser system with a metal laser tube from synrad, I have seen there are many Chinese manufacturer but most of them use the glass laser tube which is not so good for I have been reading.

I am new on this; please help me make up my mind!!!

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards

Ron Hamilton
02-02-2008, 3:29 AM
Hi Shannon,
I have the PowerSharp 16 30 watt and have been having a problem with it stepping when engraving photographs. This problem is on going since we got the machine about 18 month ago. It usally happens when I go over 8" x 10" in size. Also discovered that if I use the right side of the machine no problems. I have a new belt and a new stepper motor to install to see if that works.

Othe than this problem it works using rotary attachment or smaller
objects.

Are you having problems?

Ron