PDA

View Full Version : Earthquake shakes northeast Ohio - John Hart???

Glenn Clabo
03-13-2007, 9:28 AM
Hey John...
Did you feel it?
Or was it just your latest wood haul landing in the shop?

Loy Hawes
03-13-2007, 1:50 PM
Or was it just your latest wood haul landing in the shop?

We will know for sure when John starts a thread asking how to turn a dowel from the the 20,000 pounds of claro walnut his neighbor down the street didn't want.

:D :D :D

Bernie Weishapl
03-13-2007, 1:59 PM
Glenn that wasn't a earthquake that was a hugh tree John hit with his chain saw that fell. :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

John Hart
03-13-2007, 2:18 PM
Now now boys.:rolleyes:

'Course...last night, I do recall the earth moving when I proclaimed that I finally got the front of the shop cleaned up!:)

Jerry Clark
03-13-2007, 2:53 PM
Now you guys should see the earthquakes we have in CA----http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm This is for seven days! :D You don't even feel them unless they are a 5.0 :)

John Hart
03-13-2007, 4:05 PM
I used to live out on the Aleutian Islands, where there were over a thousand earthquakes per year....sorta like Jerry's house. Lotta little ones that you just ignored or didn't feel.
Earthquakes around here are big big news....even the little ones like last night. Reporters are scouring the countryside looking for signs of damage and people to interview that are willing to say something like:
"Ya I felt it! At first I thought it was a truck goin' down the road, and then all of a sudden, the glasses in the cupboard started a shakin'! Why, then, I grabbed the missus and the kids, and we ran for cover! Whew....lucky thing too....The shed door came off it's hinges and someone coulda gotten hurt! The lathe is ok though.;) "

Keith Burns
03-13-2007, 4:51 PM
Wild, I felt it clear down here in Tennessee. Called the Earthquake Center and they said it was centered in Ohio but could give me no more details. Thanks Glenn for letting us know what happened and John, in the future, do it later in the afternoon so you don't wake me up !!

Glenn Clabo
03-13-2007, 5:22 PM
"Ya I felt it! At first I thought it was a truck goin' down the road, and then all of a sudden, the glasses in the cupboard started a shakin'! Why, then, I grabbed the missus and the kids, and we ran for cover! Whew....lucky thing too....The shed door came off it's hinges and someone coulda gotten hurt! The lathe is ok though.;) "

And our new horse took off a running.....

William Bachtel
03-13-2007, 7:55 PM
Actually it was a giant Ash tree; that I fell in my backyard.

Ken Fitzgerald
03-14-2007, 2:33 AM
And our new horse took off a running.....

The earthquake was actually John's jaw hitting the ground when he realized he had a new horse!:D Of course he couldn't see the new horse until he got the front of the shop cleaned up.....:rolleyes: