PDA

View Full Version : Jessem Mite-r-excel on Cman Contractor saw?

James Carmichael
03-13-2007, 6:54 AM
I recently bought an old Emerson built Craftsman contractor saw. The mitre slots measure a hair under .74" (my old calipers only to to 1/100). Will a Jessem Mite-r-excel fit this saw? Also, any Jessem users out there, how do you like this gauge?

Loren Hedahl
03-13-2007, 12:18 PM
I have a Ridgid contractor saw from Home Depot that has a similar defective miter slot size problem.

I also have have an Incra mitergage set-up that doesn't quite fit in the Ridgid's defective miter slot so I still mostly use an old RAS that the contractor saw was supposed to replace.

Much of this is my own fault for purchasing the saw for a future project and storing it in the box for well over a year before using it. By that time any thought of returning it was long past.

Loren

glenn bradley
03-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Can't speak for the Jess em, my Incra fit my old C-mans (1950's and 1970's Emerson saws) and fits my new hybrid fine. Jess em uses and "adjustable snugger bar" to adjust for miter slot variance but I could not see how this works from their website. I would assume they are reasonably adjustable as an after-market miter product would have to be(?).

Jim Thiel
03-13-2007, 3:00 PM
[QUOTE=Loren Hedahl]...a similar defective miter slot ... /QUOTE]

The only thing defective here was the guy who designed it that way. The intent of course to make you want to use craftman accessories. The miter bar is even smaller, rocking around in that slot like a sea nymph on the big lake.

Enjoy your Jessem.

Jim

Barry Anderson
03-13-2007, 4:04 PM
Call Jessem and ask them. They should know ...

Barry in WV

James Carmichael
03-14-2007, 7:56 AM
Well, went ahead and bought the gauge, $100 NIB for the Rockler version on Craigslist was too good to pass, but it is a hair too big for the slots.

I see lots of SC sandpaper, grunting, and sweating in in my future:rolleyes: