PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this Forrest vendor?

Dave Falkenstein
03-13-2007, 12:56 AM
I need a new Forrest Chopmaster blade. I ran across this vendor in my search. They seem to have the best price. Has anyone had experience with these folks?

http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.com/index.html

Dan Owen
03-13-2007, 1:23 AM
Yes. Good people. I ordered a WWII #1 grind and as soon as I placed the order online, I got a phone call telling me it was slightly backordered. I also purchased a duraline and had no problems.

Don Bullock
03-13-2007, 7:22 AM
That's good to know because I noticed that their price on the Dato King was the best I could find. How does their shipping price compare to others?

Steve Milito
03-13-2007, 8:03 AM
I need a new Forrest Chopmaster blade. I ran across this vendor in my search. They seem to have the best price. Has anyone had experience with these folks?

http://www.forrestsawbladesonline.com/index.html

I just bought an Ultra-planer and stiffener from them two weeks ago. I had no problems and it shipped within a day. It came well packed.

Jim Becker
03-13-2007, 9:10 AM
Prices look very good, Dave...I think I paid about $120 for my 12" ChopMaster from another vendor. (I don't remember who at this point)

Dave Falkenstein
03-13-2007, 9:41 AM
...How does their shipping price compare to others?

Ground shipping for one blade to Arizona - $13.04. That brings the price closer to Amazon with free shipping. Amazon's Forrest blade comes from Grizzly.

Scott Loven
03-13-2007, 10:20 AM
I purchased a Forest WWII direct from amazon last year for $63 and free shipping. Saw the deal here.
Scott

Dave Falkenstein
03-18-2007, 3:32 PM
Update - I ordered a Forrest Chopmaster and a Woodworker II with a flat bottom grind last night. The price was just under $100 each and shipping was about $14 for the two blades. The price on the Chopmaster was pretty good, and on the WW II about normal if you look around. I might have saved a few bucks buying at Amazon, if the 20% coupon is still in effect, and if that coupon works with product from Grizzly. The current Amazon price is about $30 higher for the two blades before the 20% off coupon and there are shipping charges from Grizzly. After adding in the shipping costs with Amazon, the Amazon pricing is a bit higher, even with the 20% if it applied. As you can see, buying from amazon is a mystery sometimes, both on price and on delivery. I just wanted to get the blades without messing around, I hope. I'll update again when the shipment arrives with the final result of my experience with Forrest Saw Blades Online.

Roy McQuay
03-18-2007, 3:44 PM
I hope you checked Amazon.com, I bought a 12" chomaster II about 6 weeks ago and the delivered price was $84. Things go on and off sale seemingly at their whim, but it is always worth a look first, IMHO

Dave Falkenstein
03-18-2007, 7:58 PM
I hope you checked Amazon.com, I bought a 12" chomaster II about 6 weeks ago and the delivered price was $84. Things go on and off sale seemingly at their whim, but it is always worth a look first, IMHO

Roy - See above - I edited my post after checking Amazon closely. Of course, the situation I see today could change tomorrow at Amazon. Kind of like rolling the dice - sometimes you win and sometimes you roll a craps.

Dave Falkenstein
03-27-2007, 1:20 AM
As promised in an earlier post, I am updating this thread to report the arrival of the two blades I ordered from Forrest Saw Blades Online. The order was placed the evening of Friday, 3/15. I received an order confirmation on Saturday. I got an email that the blades shipped on Monday. The blades arrived today, Monday, 3/26 on schedule. Bottom line - I got exactly what I ordered, on time and at a decent price. Good resource for Forrest blades, IMHO. Thanks.

David Weaver
03-27-2007, 7:29 AM
I also got a 12" chopmaster from there - no problems.

Don Bullock
03-27-2007, 8:10 AM
Great to know Dave. Thank you for the follow-up. I may be purchasing a dado set soon so I'll need a good vendor.