PDA

View Full Version : First Turnings

David Little
03-12-2007, 9:06 PM
:o These are some of my first turning products. I began turning in January on a Jet mini. Like most newbies I, of course, went through a few exciting blowouts before I learned how to keep things together. These are on the small size, but were fun and, hopefully, will lead to bigger things.

The first photo is a small lidded mesquite bowl. I'm in west Texas, so mesquite seems a good wood to practice on. Besides, I really like how it turns and how it looks.

The second is a small layered bowl with a lid. The wood beginning from the bottom is walnut, pecan and mesquite.

The third and fourth pictures are of mesquite bowls, about 3 inches across and two inches high and 5 inches across and 3 inches high.

This is my first attempt to post pictures, so I hope those attachments really do appear with the message.

Brian McInturff
03-12-2007, 9:25 PM
David,
Looks like your off to a great start. Those look great! Brian

Christopher K. Hartley
03-12-2007, 9:26 PM
Very nice collection David! I really like the segmented lidded bowl. Keep up the good work and keep those pics coming!:)

Steve Schlumpf
03-12-2007, 9:49 PM
Nice work Dave! I personally like the small lidded mesquite bowl. Beautiful wood and a nice form. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Ken Fitzgerald
03-12-2007, 10:29 PM
Excellent first turnings Dave! You have a lot of natural talent! Keep turning and posting!

Bernie Weishapl
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
David you are off to a great start. Keep'em coming. Those are some very nice first turnings.

Jonathon Spafford
03-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Super firsts! My firsts (which you ain't gonna see) don't look half (if even that) so nice!

BTW, great to have you on the forum!