PDA

View Full Version : What’s the weather like on your morning drive?

Bruce Page
03-11-2007, 3:01 AM
I think it was pushing 70 back home…
I’m back in Kodiak this week & next. It’s been snowing sideways since Wednesday. I took this picture this morning on the 40 mile drive out to the range. There’s a 40’ drop to the sea to the left, about 150’ when you get to the top of the hill. Guard Rail? We don’t need no stinking Guard Rail! These Alaskans are tough!

David G Baker
03-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Bruce,
Looks like a great day to stay home in bed. That would scare the heck right out of me. I would think about trying it if I had 4 wheel drive and chains.
David B

Jim Becker
03-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Well...the front stairs are clear and the back are...clear. No problems!! :D :D :D (Oh, it was fine to/from the airport this week, too...)

Seriously...that's a nasty looking road!

Brett Baldwin
03-11-2007, 12:23 PM
That's quite the change of scenery you get Bruce, NM to AK, back and forth. It is definitely getting to be springtime here in the Valley. Drive safe and keep all four on the road.

Karl Laustrup
03-11-2007, 1:26 PM
Isn't NM going to be nice when you get back. :D

So what's your best time getting up that hill in the snow? ;) :D

You are practicing for Pike's Peak later this year, aren't you? :D :D

Karl

Bruce Page
03-11-2007, 5:05 PM
Isn't NM going to be nice when you get back. :D

So what's your best time getting up that hill in the snow? ;) :D

You are practicing for Pike's Peak later this year, aren't you? :D :D

Karl
Karl, it took about 1½ - 2 hours to get back to town last night.
It’s 25* & sunny today, a nice day to stay inside, drink a few beers and watch a race. :)
We do have Jeeps with serious tires up here so the drive isn’t too bad as long as you take it easy. I exaggerated the drop off, its probably only 90’ at the top.

Craig D Peltier
03-11-2007, 11:51 PM
May I ask what u are doing in kodiak? Theres cheaper wood down here.:D
Karl, it took about 1½ - 2 hours to get back to town last night.
It’s 25* & sunny today, a nice day to stay inside, drink a few beers and watch a race. :)
We do have Jeeps with serious tires up here so the drive isn’t too bad as long as you take it easy. I exaggerated the drop off, its probably only 90’ at the top.

Robert Isler
03-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Hi Everyone,

For my first post, I live in Country Queensland,Australia.

At present it is 105 outside in the shade!! The hottest March day (Autumn) here ever!!

I would love to see some snow at the moment but unfortunatly it never snows here.

As newbie at woodworking I have learn't alot since browsing this forum.

Cheers
Robert.:)

Bruce Page
03-12-2007, 1:14 AM
Robert, welcome to the Creek. There's a lot of good people here to learn from. ;)
105 is a little warm. Right now I would settle for 60. :rolleyes:

Hi Everyone,

For my first post, I live in Country Queensland,Australia.

At present it is 105 outside in the shade!! The hottest March day (Autumn) here ever!!

I would love to see some snow at the moment but unfortunatly it never snows here.

As newbie at woodworking I have learn't alot since browsing this forum.

Cheers
Robert.:)

Dennis Peacock
03-12-2007, 11:04 AM
I've been to Kodiak, AK before....Still doesn't look any better to me today. Be careful Bruce.....those roads can be pretty nasty.....

This is Dennis in Conway, enjoying his 70 degree days with sunshine.

Cliff Rohrabacher
03-12-2007, 1:01 PM
Tough commute ~ !

I have a really beastly one in that I have to walk all the way across the hall to my office.

Belinda Barfield
03-12-2007, 1:09 PM
Hey guys,

This has nothing to do with weather exactly but it sure makes the sun shine on my morning. My office is 1/4 mile down the road from a cool car restoration company. I get to drive by their showroom and drool several times a day.:D If you like muscle cars check out their site.

jenjacs.com/showroom

Hope all of you driving through mountains of snow have a spring thaw really soon.

Derek Rose
03-12-2007, 7:05 PM
Right now, my commute is a real nice 50 degrees.

However, in a few months it will be 95 at 4:30 AM when I drive in...

Oh yeah... and my AC went out about a month ago...