PDA

View Full Version : Disassembleing pens

Roger Fitzsimonds
12-15-2003, 8:20 PM
Well I think I have figured out how to turn and assemble pens. Now my problem is how do you get the turning part that you press in, back out, when you push it in to far. I changed styles from Euro to American slim and they definitly get pressed in at different depths. I saved the pen and compleatly mangled the insert. I went to HD and got a bolt that threaded into the insert like the ink stick did. Well that just pulled the guts out of that puppy like it was designed to. Any how I hate to throw one away so is there a way to unpress the darned thing.

Thanks for all you help.
Roger

Michael Cody
12-15-2003, 8:43 PM
Well I think I have figured out how to turn and assemble pens. Now my problem is how do you get the turning part that you press in, back out, when you push it in to far. I changed styles from Euro to American slim and they definitly get pressed in at different depths. I saved the pen and compleatly mangled the insert. I went to HD and got a bolt that threaded into the insert like the ink stick did. Well that just pulled the guts out of that puppy like it was designed to. Any how I hate to throw one away so is there a way to unpress the darned thing.

Thanks for all you help.
Roger

You can spend 30-40$ for a disassembly tool or you do it like me..

Go to the local HDW store and buy some drill rod that will just go through the insert in places of the pen cartridge but not through the tip, this will let you push the tip out. Then you can use an old mandrel rod or another bigger piece of drill rod to push out the rest of the parts.. total cost about 3-4$ for several pieces of drill rod. You can even turn some slick little handles for them, or just bang them on the bench like I do... It's still a PIA but will save some parts.