PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly sale on spiral cutterheads

Cary Swoveland
03-10-2007, 2:14 PM
Grizzly has spiral cutterheads for all their jointers and planers on sale. This includes both the Byrd Shelix and their own. I presume their own are milled in China, but the carbide inserts are made in Germany. Grizzly's sales don't seem to last long. This one started a couple of days ago.

By way of example, for their 15" planer, the Grizzly cutterhead is reduced by $50 to $475, the Shelix is reduced by $100 to $595.

I am planning to buy one for my Griz planer, but haven't decided whether to get the Grizzly or Byrd. I spoke to a Griz tech guy, who said that the cutters work a little differently (with the Shelix having more of a shearing action), but both work very well, and their customers have been happy with both.

I expect the cutterheads would fit in other brands of jointers and planers, but don't know which. This information might be available for the Byrd cutterheads at Byrd's or Sunhill Machinery's website.

Charles McKinley
03-10-2007, 11:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up. My uncle has been looking for one and thid may just be the push he needs.