PDA

View Full Version : With all the HD CS disscusions going around

Tim Wagner
03-09-2007, 10:20 PM
I thought I you all would get a kick out of this. Some of you may remember me saying how I had the PM2000 on order from the local wood craft.

Not only did they take a imediate 10% of the purchase price when I ordered, they Sent me a Hand written thank you card for bringing my business to them. And i don't even have the saw yet!! This is a first for me from anyone, and it just go's to show how much they want to keep my business.

I will be continuing to purchase whatever Items I can get from them.

Way to go Woodcraft!:D;)

Brad Townsend
03-10-2007, 9:41 AM
That's really good to hear. A couple of years ago, I stopped into a Woodcraft franchise and was looking at some of their "big iron". I asked them if there was any wiggle room in the pricing on large ticket items. He told me that so little of the store's sales volume was large tools, that they only stocked them as a convenience to attract customers and it wouldn't affect the store's bottom line much if they didn't sell any at all! Sounds like you went to a franchise with a little more aggressive attitude.;)

Al Killian
03-10-2007, 10:51 AM
Tim, Congrats on finding a place that still cares about the customer. My car dealership is like that. After purchased they sent me a book of 10 free complete detailing for the car and for xmas they sent me a coffe muge with candy in it. Any place that is willing to work with a person to make them happy is worth sticking with.

glenn bradley
03-10-2007, 10:55 AM
I noticed a distinct (and not surprising) difference between a couple Woodcraft stores. Being curious I asked. I happened to be in the store where everyone is always happy and having store specials and free BBQ's on Saturdays and give-a-ways and the like when I asked about the differences.

The manager explained that his store was a corporate store. This didn't mean they got a free ride by any means but, they were all employees getting a salary. They did not have the same responsibilities as an individual running his purchased franchise store.

This is not to say the franchise store wasn't nice. They just didn't have some of the luxuries in pricing and cashflow that the corporate supported store did.

Paul Johnstone
03-11-2007, 11:56 AM
That's really good to hear. A couple of years ago, I stopped into a Woodcraft franchise and was looking at some of their "big iron". I asked them if there was any wiggle room in the pricing on large ticket items. He told me that so little of the store's sales volume was large tools, that they only stocked them as a convenience to attract customers and it wouldn't affect the store's bottom line much if they didn't sell any at all! Sounds like you went to a franchise with a little more aggressive attitude.;)

At least he was being honest to you about it. He's telling the truth. It's hard to believe, but the stores really do make very little off the big machines. When they have those Delta or Jet 10% off sales, it's only possible because the manufacturer subsidizes the discount.

Tim Wagner
03-11-2007, 12:19 PM
they only stocked them as a convenience to attract customers and it wouldn't affect the store's bottom line much if they didn't sell any at all!

that doesn't make much scence. If those customers like me come in looking for that big machine (Iron), and they see the rest of the store and also come back and buy other stuff they do make money on. Then it does affect there bottom line. In a positive way.

My company doesn't offer free rotates because the bosses like to pay us to do free work. ;)

Tim.

Paul Johnstone
03-11-2007, 6:05 PM
that doesn't make much scence. If those customers like me come in looking for that big machine (Iron), and they see the rest of the store and also come back and buy other stuff they do make money on. Then it does affect there bottom line. In a positive way.

My company doesn't offer free rotates because the bosses like to pay us to do free work. ;)

Tim.

Look at it this way. The big iron is very low margin (less than 10%).. They are already listing it to you at rock bottom prices (as you said, to attract repeat business from you). Now some people expect them to reduce the price even more.. Not very reasonable.. If you want a deal wait for the store to have it's annual 10% off on that brand.

Woodcraft deserves to keep it's less than 10% margin on the big iron, IMO.