PDA

View Full Version : Attention SawStop owners with the Wixey Saw Fence Digital Read-Out

Glen Blanchard
03-09-2007, 8:40 PM
If you have tilted your blade past approx. 35 degrees or so, you may have noticed that the track on which the digital read-out slides, prohibits the blade height crank from revolving 360 degrees. I am wondering if anyone has solved this dilemma.

Anthony Anderson
03-09-2007, 8:47 PM
Glen, is this an aftermarket product that you are referring to? Hopefully not something that is an inherent design problem of the internal mechanism of the SawStop. Thanks, Bill

Glen Blanchard
03-09-2007, 8:55 PM
Glen, is this an aftermarket product that you are referring to? Hopefully not something that is an inherent design problem of the internal mechanism of the SawStop. Thanks, Bill

Bill - This is indeed an aftermarket item - and it is WONDERFUL!! Just this one little glitch.

Anthony Anderson
03-09-2007, 11:04 PM
Glen, I was worried. I thought there was a defect in the saw, that just popped up. Now I can rest easy. I will check out the Wixey digital readout. Thanks, Bill

Cary Swoveland
03-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Glen, I'll be installing a Wixey on my Sawstop in the next couple of days. I appreciate the heads-up, and will let you know if I come up with any ideas for dealing with the problem. Mind you, I have a Jointech fence, so I might not have the problem.

Cary

Glen Blanchard
03-10-2007, 9:29 AM
Cary - Let me know how it goes, although it may only affect folks with the SawStop rails. All depends on the location and height of your JT front rail.

Cary Swoveland
03-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Cary - Let me know how it goes, although it may only affect folks with the SawStop rails. All depends on the location and height of your JT front rail.

Glen,

I had a look today, and can see that that Wixey will work with the Jointech rails. The sliding digital readout will clear the handle on the blade-raising knob when the blade is tilted over. I have to rig something to attach the Wixey rail to the Jointech rail place, but that will be straightforward.

BTW, Busy Bee Tools ( www.busybeetools.com (http://www.busybeetools.com) ), in Canada, has the Wixey digital saw fence readout on sale for $149 Cdn., until sometime in May.

Cary