PDA

View Full Version : Diane back in the shop!

Bob Lasley
02-27-2003, 11:32 PM
Diane,

I saw your post on the Pond about getting released to go back in the shop. I'm estatic for you! I know what it's like not being able to play.....er.....work in the shop and I hate it.

Congratulations,
Bob

Diane Maluso
02-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Thanks, Bob! I'm thrilled. Can't wait. Too bad the doc cleared me to go back to work at the same time, eh?

Seriously, I figure I'll try to get started with something small like maybe turning a pen to give the surgeon or something like that.

Diane

Ted Shrader
02-28-2003, 8:23 AM
Originally posted by Diane
Thanks, Bob! I'm thrilled. Can't wait. Too bad the doc cleared me to go back to work at the same time, eh?

Seriously, I figure I'll try to get started with something small like maybe turning a pen to give the surgeon or something like that.

Diane

Diane -

That is great news that you have been cleared already! It wasn't that long ago the doctor was overing over you with a knife. Amazing healing pwers - side effect of woodworking? Hmmmmm....?

Ted

Jay Kilpatrick
02-28-2003, 11:03 AM
Diane says:
Originally posted by Diane

Kind of reminds me of a joke about a doctor, a pen, and a thermometer!:D

Its always nice to get back into the swing of things while recovering, even if only a little at a time. I'm sure the doctor will love whatever you make.

Chris McKimson
02-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Terrific news. I remember last year waiting to go back into the shop after heart surgery (valve job). I was limited weight wise to what I could pick up, but it was fun just "hang out".

Have fun.

Chris

Von Bickley
02-28-2003, 3:03 PM
Diane,

Glad to hear everything is going O.K. for you and hope good health will continue. When I had a heart attack in 1996, I was out of work for 5 months. During that time, it gave me a great chance to create an inventory of my wood working tools. A copy of my inventory list with replacement cost is filed with my insurance agent. It can really surprise you when you see how much everything totals up.
Hope you continue to improve each day. Take care...

Diane Maluso
02-28-2003, 4:04 PM
Von.... I have a feeling that if I inventoried the cost of everything in my shop, I just might actually have a heart attack!! Besides, then I'd have to burn the copy so nobody would ever know just how much this hobby costs!!!

Thanks for the good wishes.

Diane ;)

John Miliunas
02-28-2003, 7:39 PM
With Diane, that is. Even a quick once-over out in the shop is a bit scary! Hey, and I don't even have a heart problem! Diane, hope you're having fun! I've been out of commission myself for a couple weeks with a torn tendon in my foot and just chomping at the bit! Enjoy.:cool: