PDA

View Full Version : NWA Showcase Coming Up

Don Orr
03-09-2007, 10:30 AM
I wanted to post an announcement for the Northeastern Woodworkers Association about their upcoming Showcase of Fine Woodworking. Location is Saratoga Springs, NY on Sat & Sun, March 24 & 25, 2007. This show is NOT one of the travelling events we are all familiar with. This show is organized and produced entirely by VOLUNTEERS. We are in our 16th year now. There is a large gallery of peoples work, vendors, demos, lectures and more all for a $7 admission fee.This is a really nice show BY woodworkers FOR woodworkers. If you are in the area, please stop by and say hello. I'm usually in the turning area.

For more info check the website at www.nwawoodworkingshow.org (http://www.nwawoodworkingshow.org/) .

There are lots of good restaurants in the area, a car museum, national historic site, and much more.

Hope to see you there !

Moderators-if this in not appropriate, please remove.

Dave Anderson NH
03-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Hi Don, this kind of announcement put up by a non-profit organization is MOST appropriate. While I've never actually made it out there for one of these annual events due to schedule conflicts, I've heard nothing but extremely positive recommendations by those friends of mine who've gone. As a note to members here, this show far exceeds the quality of ANY commercially produced show in the country and the only other show of equal quality in the country is the one put on by the San Diego folks.

Don Orr
03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
It's a lot of work but we also have a lot of fun doing it. Sure would be nice to see a bunch of Creekers show up and have a good time.

And thanks for getting rid of the duplicate post (if it was you).

Thanks,

Ken Werner
03-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey Don, you'll see Ben and me there. It's becoming an annual thing for us. The seminars last year were terrific.
Ken

Andrew Homan
03-11-2007, 8:16 AM
Hope to see you there !

Don,
Thanks for all your hard work -- I went to the show last year and it was excellent.
I hope to be able to get their on Saturday this year.
Andy

Don Orr
03-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Ken, Ben, Andrew,

Looking forward to seeing you there! I am usually in the Turning demo area but will be doing a lecture/demo each day on Basic Bowl Turning as well in the meeting rooms.

Ben Werner
03-12-2007, 12:25 PM
I'll be there in your room! Just to make sure I meet you :p :D any other people coming? I think I'll post a thread in the turning forum.

bob gugerty
03-23-2007, 6:43 AM
Just found out I can go No pager duty!! maybe we could have a Creeker lunch?

Ken Werner
03-23-2007, 6:50 AM
Bob that sounds great. We're staying at the Saratoga overnite Saturday. You can ask for our room at the desk, or look for Ben at the Turning seminars. Hope to see you.
Ken

bob gugerty
03-23-2007, 4:22 PM
I am staying at the Saratoga as well