PDA

View Full Version : Electrical question

Matt Day
03-08-2007, 5:50 PM
I currently have one 220V feed into my shop that has one outlet on it, and the rest of the power in the shop is 110. I have three tools that are wired for 220 (TS, jointer, and RAS), and only use one at a time, and it's kind of a nuisance to be constantly unplugging and plugging in equipment I'd like to be able to have them all plugged in at the same time (or at least 2)), and obviously only use one at a time. How can I go about doing this? I didn't see a dual recepticle for 220V at the store, are they available?

Thanks

Ted Miller
03-08-2007, 5:54 PM
Matt, You can run as many 220 outlets as you like off one breaker. You will not be using more than one at one time so you can use the same #10 wire and just run 1/2 conduit to each box as far apart as you like. I ran 4 seperate boxes all 30 amp outlets all on the same 20' of conduit...

RANDY PAULK
03-08-2007, 5:55 PM
They are for 20 amp. i have them throughout my shop.

Ted Miller
03-08-2007, 5:57 PM
You could run two outlets in one 4S box but you won't find a cover for them so just run one outlet per box. I have one 4S box above another box 1/2" from each other since my TS and RAS are right next to each other.

Make sure you are using the same amp outlets and plugs, each size is different, 20 amp plug will not fit into a 30 amp outlet...