PDA

View Full Version : 17 ft 4 in hose but labled as 20ft

Benjimin Young
03-08-2007, 5:18 PM
I recently purchased some very flexible but expensive hose at the Toronto woodworking show. The package was labeled as 20ft x 4" and cost $50 CND. A premium I know, but it was so flexible I just had to try it. When I got home and stretched it out (a lot) it was only 17 1/2 ft long. This was annoying not just because it was expensive hose to begin with but because I need 20 ft. Unfortunately the vendor is way out of town so before I go raise a big stink I thought I would get some input from fellow creekers.

Is this a common thing when buying flexible dust collector hose? Has anyone had a similar experience?

Ben

glenn bradley
03-08-2007, 5:22 PM
Any hose I've bought (which is only about 5 10' sections) have been a bit longer than advertised. Just my experience.

Brad Trent
03-08-2007, 5:24 PM
I haven't gotten the larger size flex hose, but I do have a couple of sections of the very flexible 2.5" hose and they were both a little longer than advertised.

Ted Miller
03-08-2007, 5:27 PM
Ben, I purchase all my hose from Wynne Filter and its always longer than I order since they cut to ship. I would be calling that vendor and letting him know he shorted you a few feet and you need the hose not the refund. If he is not in Canada then tell him he has to pay duty and shipping for the mistake. Now I hope you did not need a full 20' in one section...

Larry Conely
03-08-2007, 6:00 PM
I share the experience of those above. Any 4 inch flex hose I have purchased has been longer than advertised.

Steve Speiser
03-08-2007, 6:34 PM
I recently purchased a 20' x 4" hose and it too was a bit over 20'. You have a legitimate gripe!

Ted Baca
03-08-2007, 6:45 PM
You got hosed dude! I would complain, paying a premium then getting shorted. Wrong in every direction.

Benjimin Young
03-09-2007, 7:19 AM
The problem with Woodworking shows is you don't have your SawMill Creek advisory team standing behind you when you make that spur of the moment purchase. I'll be talking to the vendor!

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Ben

Mike Wilkins
03-11-2007, 12:22 PM
Maybe the dealer was thinking nominal size, like a 2 X 4 is not really 2 inches thick and 4 inches wide.
Call them and voice your concern.