PDA

View Full Version : Exactly how's this transfer tape work....

Scott Shepherd
03-08-2007, 1:58 PM
I did a 4" x 3' long sign out of Laser Ultra Thin from IPI. It's a customers name in 3" tall letters, and then some other text about 1" high under it all. They want it installed on a glass window on their store front.

All in all, about 3 feet long. I cut it out, didn't go through the paper. I peeled all the excess material away, leaving nothing but the letters stuck to the backing paper.

I went to sign warehouse and bought some transfer tape. When it arrived, I learned it was the same as the masking I already have, which didn't work.

I cut off a piece, lay it on top of the letters, and press down, but it doesn't stick to the letters so I can peel the adhesive backing off the letters.

Did I miss something here? I thought it was a simple task, but once again, I'm finding out I'm not cut out for simple tasks :)

Am I doing something wrong, or using the wrong product to try and lift it or what? Anyone got a quick work around, as I'm supposed to install it tonight after hours, and I can't wait 3 more days if I have to order something else (which I'll still do for future use).

Thanks-

Scott Shepherd
03-08-2007, 2:07 PM
Okay, I'll answer my own question. Here's a little tip.....

Don't spray the plastic with Pledge to protect it from smoke damage if you plan on sticking transfer tape to it later :D

I cleaned it and it appears to stick quite well. Imagine where I'd be if I wasn't such a large obstacle in my own way!

Joe Pelonio
03-08-2007, 2:58 PM
Good work finding out your own solution!

AL Ursich
08-31-2007, 9:31 PM
Great post and advice... THANKS !!!!

AL