PDA

View Full Version : Thank you from Kuwait

Hank Walczak
03-08-2007, 10:31 AM
I received this e-mail today... I hope this will inspire some of us who have lost enthusiasm for the FP Project to redouble their efforts. BTW, I always try to use an exotic wood to make the pen an even more special gift. We do make a difference. Semper Fi, Hank.

Hank,
Just wanted to take a minute and thank you for the pens that you sent to us to use over here in the "sandbox". Believe it or not, little things like this do mean a lot to us over here. Even though we are almost constantly bombarded with gift boxes from well wishers all over our great country, your pens have become a hit with us and are almost a status symbol in our office. Even the name of the wood has raised interest. I don't think any of us have even heard of an African Wenge tree before!
Thanks again. Please know that serving greatful Americans such as yourself is an honor to us.
SGT *************
Kuwait CAC IMO
Camp Arifjan, Kuwait

John Hain
03-08-2007, 10:32 AM
That's awesome. Keep up the good work all!

Keith Outten
03-08-2007, 12:28 PM
The Freedom Pens Project is indeed alive and well. We still have our many of those who started the project with us and lots of people have joined along the way. Jackie is still shipping pen kits to those who need them, the discount we receive from Penn State is significant.

We are receiving a few boxes of pens each week and ship to the Middle East every month. We are now shipping pens to Walter Reed Hospital and will soon add Brookes Army Medical Center to our list thanks to a fellow Creeker.

Thanks to all of you who are still turning pens for our Troops, those pens add up over time. We have shipped over 65,000 pens enven though our Master list doesn't show that total. The Veterans Day Turn-A-Thon in November at Woodcraft was not reported so we don't know how exactly how many pens we have shipped but the total is close. With the exceptioin of November 11, 2006 our list of turners is as accurate as has been reported to us.

Thanks Again,

Keith