PDA

View Full Version : Modern Masters reruns

Brad Knabel
03-07-2007, 9:17 PM
I happened to notice the other day that reruns of HGTV's Modern Masters are showing on the Fine Living Channel. This channel as a whole tends to rub me the wrong way. But this show was always good. The only downside is that they redubbed all of the shows with a new narrator that.

For those that don't know it the show is split into three segments with a different craftsperson shown in each segment. There's not a lot of depth, but it's really interesting watching the different artists work. Most shows feature at least one wood-related person. They've featured some high profile people like Sam Maloof, Craig Stevens and Nora Hall.

It airs at 9:30 AM each weekday which is less than ideal. But if you've got a TIVO it might be worth taking a look.

Rick Thom
03-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Brad, thanks for reminding me about the show. I haven't seen it for several years but enjoyed it immensely. Wish PBS would pick it up.

Jim Becker
03-07-2007, 10:50 PM
There's a maker that's about three miles from me that has been featured on that show...Robert Johnson. He does Philadelphia style clocks and the MM piece was about his carved rosettes that go on the crown of the clock. I saw it a few years ago when I was traveling on business and just happend to "run out of book" and turn on the tube in the hotel. (I don't generally watch TV)

John Miliunas
03-07-2007, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the info, Brad. I'll have to check if we catch that channel on our Sat or not. The LOML especially always liked that show. Every now and again, I even found some interesting to watch, as well. :) :cool: