PDA

View Full Version : Domed logos for bottle stoppers?

John W. Willis
03-07-2007, 2:19 PM
Good Morning/Evening!

I am looking for the "themed" inserts for the top of bottle stoppers. I have seen these in turners galleries but I don't know where to get them. I've googled several different ways but have come up empty. I have found similar inserts for pens but they are pretty small to be putting on a bottle stopper.

An example would be sherrif, police, fire, masonic emblems. :confused:

Frank Kobilsek
03-07-2007, 2:52 PM
John,
Try Arizona Silhoutte, Website of same.
Frank

Jason Anders
03-08-2007, 12:11 AM
I think most special Cabachons/Cabochons are usually custom made by the individual turner by acrylic/resin cast in a blank over the logo etc. AZ Silhouttes's site you've already been pointed to has some custom Cabochons for sale of Mr. Yo-Yo Spin Ed Davidson's and several articles one of which shows a custom logo bottle stopper being made.

google things like casting cabochon, casting cabochons, and making cabochons and you'll find some ideas, materials, molds etc. Good luck.

Ed Davidson
03-08-2007, 12:14 AM
John,

Here's what you're looking for: http://www.whitedogpress.com/epoxy.htm ...and some finished product:

Ken Fitzgerald
03-08-2007, 12:23 AM
John.....Check out the threads by fellow Creek Glenn Hodges....He makes his own with logo, fishing flies etc and in one of his threads he details how he makes them......start here.....http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=41165&highlight=bottle+stoppers

Jack Savona
03-08-2007, 7:00 AM
Last year I wholesaled about 380 stoppers, with about 1/2 of them having inserts. Here in my tourist town, buyers seem to prefer the Maine coin inlaid in the top. I have done some with Fire Department buttons (a good seller). A police chief saw one and asked me to use a lapel pin from his department as an inlay for a few custom ones. I have also done Irish, Italian, and other foreign coins. One option I'm looking at is ordering a custom golf ball marker with a business' logo so they'll have it as a client gift. Still searching for someone who'll do a small run economically or something easier for me than doing the resin.

I keep looking for round logo sources for masons, Rotary, etc.

BTW find out where the local FD gets their buttons. It'll be less expensive. I paid $1 ea. for the large silver or gold uniform buttons.

Jack Savona

John W. Willis
03-08-2007, 4:47 PM
I believe that there is nothing that you guys don't know! It amazes me, really!

These are great ideas, my Dad was a retired firefighter and I know the Chief but I never thought of buttons.

Whitedog press and Glen Hodges post are very good. Glen has given me a lot more ideas and the method he uses in his process.

Arizona Silhouttes has some nice stuff, I had forgotten that he carried them.

Each of you have given me loads of information and it's all different and I really appreciate you taking the time to answer!

John