PDA

View Full Version : A Day at the office better that a day in the shop.

Jeff Ward
12-13-2003, 7:50 PM
I am new to here but I wanted to share this. I also normally do not post what I do for a living for obvious reasons, but this seems like a good group. I would only post this here, woodcentral and home at bt3central.

Today I spent all day (Saturday) in the office. It was so neat. Why do you ask? Well I'll tell you.

Today our Crime Prevention had their annual "Early Santa" visit for some selected children of the school district. Selected means about 300 of them. It was great, we had Santa, presents for each child that were individually addressed, refreshments and a photo of each child with Santa. Various schools bussed their children to our office where we were set up.

These fine officers of mine spent many hours of their own time putting this on. They collected presents from vendors and others that chose to contribute to the cause. Each present was wrapped.

Many of these children come from families less fortunate than many. I would be willing to bet that not one family had a "woodshop" where they live as I an sure that they can not afford to buy the tools many of us have.

Many of the officers spouses were there to help out today also. Even my somewhat jaded detectives were there to help out and assisted in the printing of the digital photos we took.

I was really touched and I am really proud of this fine group of officers.

Ron Jones near Indy
12-13-2003, 8:03 PM
That certainly is a gloat! It must have been a very satisfying day for you and your "elves"! I'm sure everyone of those kids had a smile going from ear to ear. Once again someone has reminded us that it better to give than to receive. Yep, that was better than a day in the shop. Thanks for sharing!

John Christiansen
12-13-2003, 11:03 PM
Bravo!! Jeff.

Aint it great to put a smile on a little childs face!!

Kirk (KC) Constable
12-14-2003, 8:12 AM
Thanks for doing what you do...

KC