PDA

View Full Version : Weather Gloat

Joe Pelonio
03-07-2007, 8:22 AM
First, my apologies to those of you in the northeast getting the snow, and I realize this is no big deal to people in Florida, but yesterday here in the Seattle area it was not only sunny all day but hit 75 :eek: in the afternoon.

I'm not sure if that's a record but it's very unusual, normal is mid 40s. Too nice a day to be inside so I drove in to Redmond to letter a van that I'd been putting off, and actually used the A/C in the truck.

David G Baker
03-07-2007, 8:56 AM
Joe,
You are so cruel.
Here in Mid Michigan at 8:45 A.M. it is "0" deeegreez out and there is a 4 inch blanket of new snow on the ground that I have to clear off of my 300 foot driveway before I can go any place. On the positive side, the Sun is shining and it is supposed to reach 27* as a high for the day. Think I will go back to bed, that way I won't get a burn from the bright Sun shinning on the new snow. I hate to sweat so I think I will stay in this beautiful state of Michigan.
David B

Ken Fitzgerald
03-07-2007, 9:42 AM
Hey Joe......Here in the Inland Northwest we hit the mid-60s yesterday!:D

Phyllis Meyer
03-07-2007, 12:26 PM
I hear next week we might be in the 40's! Above, not below:)! My husband plows snow for the Highway Department...he has been working a lot of overtime! I am really getting sick of snow! Spring could come anytime!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Joe Pelonio
03-07-2007, 1:48 PM
It's probably my fault for bringing it up, but today it's back to normal here,
45 and drizzly rain.

Belinda Barfield
03-07-2007, 2:01 PM
I am really getting sick of snow! Spring could come anytime!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Phyllis,

Wish I could ship you some Spring. It is 73 and beautifully sunny here. The dogwoods and azaleas are in full bloom. Course there is a down side - it'll be in the high 90s and up from mid April until possibly Thanksgiving, along with 90% humidity. Ah . . . Summer in the South. We were stretched out by the pool this year on December 1st. Maybe I can send you a pic of the azaleas tomorrow - might cheer you up. :)

Ted Miller
03-07-2007, 2:04 PM
Yup winter blues here as well, 76 and cloudy today. I really miss those cold Michigan days and night, well not really...

Bruce Page
03-07-2007, 2:42 PM
I'm heading up to Alaska tomorrow for a week or two (work, not play). I checked the weather just now and it's 17*...I can hardly wait...:(

Phyllis Meyer
03-07-2007, 3:16 PM
Pictures would be nice! I think it might be the "age thing", we like Wisconsin but when we can get snow into May, the winters get a little long! We love the spring/summer (what little of them we get). We haven't had time yet to try the "fly for free tickets" because my husband can't leave (busy time at his work-snow plowing)!:rolleyes:

I'll be thinking about your flowers:)

Sincerely,
Phyllis

Barry Stratton
03-07-2007, 3:46 PM
I'm heading up to Alaska tomorrow for a week or two (work, not play). I checked the weather just now and it's 17*...I can hardly wait...:(

snowing here is southcentral too:D

Travis Hirst
03-07-2007, 5:00 PM
Thanks alot Joe!!:) I was really hoping for another day today like yesterday. I had some spring fever in a bad way yesterday afternoon.

Travis

Ken Garlock
03-07-2007, 8:02 PM
It was a nice 74 here, north of Dallas.;)

The first Purple Martin scout stopped by today for a couple hours. The flock will probably arrive in a day or two. :cool:

Bruce Page
03-07-2007, 11:12 PM
snowing here is southcentral too:D
Barry, I’ll be arriving in your fair city at midnight tomorrow then catching the 9:40 ERA morning flight over to Kodiak. I was on island two weeks ago and saw a lot of road heaving. I've been going to Kodiak for about 6 years and I have never seen that before. I was talking with a Coast Guard acquaintance that lives on Kodiak, he said that they have had one of the coldest, whitest winters in years.