PDA

View Full Version : need opinion pt 2

Mike Evertsen
12-13-2003, 3:59 PM
we went to test drive the GMC but the miles bothered me,,when we got there was another truck on the lot '95 Dakota with 95,000 miles we test drove and went back and wrote him a check,,,it's a club cab 6cly. auto. and only $400.00 more than the GMC. I will miss the full size box but I'll adjust,,,,,,,,I know still not a ford,,,,,

Ron Meadows
12-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Looks like Mike followed the GOOD advise!!!!

Ron

John Miliunas
12-13-2003, 11:53 PM
I think you did OK, Mike. That's pretty low mileage, especially for a 95. 150K+ miles on a truck that vintage is not unusual. I agree on the smaller bed, but I find it's not that often I miss the extra foot I lost on my older S-10 (7' vs. 6'). Enjoy your new ride! :cool:

Tom Sweeney
12-14-2003, 1:04 AM
You didn't say if it was 4WD If it is you got a great deal.
I think you'll be much happier with this truck rather than that high mileage GM :p

Don't tell Ron but I actually like the Dodge trucks - not as good as a Ford mind you - but they're not bad. ;)

If you feel you need it you can always buy one of those bed extenders. While I've never had a short bed truck - I rarely really have a need for the longer bed - there was that time I had a load of 16' deck boards though :D

Good luck & congrats on the new toy.

John Christiansen
12-14-2003, 11:49 AM
,,,,,,,,I know still not a ford,,,,,

Thank your lucky stars !!!!!

Stewart Crick
12-19-2003, 9:17 AM
Tom,

I liked Dodge till they pulled their support for the Lingerie Bowl :mad:

link removed by moderator....

Noah Alkinburgh
12-19-2003, 11:41 AM
Stewart,

While I find that mention of the Lingerie Bowl quite amusing, I might suggest that you edit out the URL...there are youngins on the forum and others who might find this a bit over the top.

Thanks,
Noah

Just my .02

PS Just saw your birthdate...great day to be born :)