PDA

View Full Version : Good Customer Service from Steel City

Don Bullock
03-06-2007, 8:00 PM
I know how important customer service is to many of you. Recently I purchased a mortiser from Steel City. There was a minor problem involving a hard to read serial number. I sent them an email yesterday after they had closed for the day and received a reply today. Instead of asking me to return the mortiser or requiring me to take it somewhere to verify the actual number, they have recorded the problem and given me a serial number for the machine. Now, that's what I call good customer service. They have good quality machines, a fair price and good customer service. I'm glad I decided to purchase a tool from them.

Bill Leung
03-22-2007, 3:43 AM
Don, how do you like the mortiser? I'm thinking of getting one.

Gregg Feldstone
03-22-2007, 4:34 AM
I also need a benchtop mortiser. What made your decide on this one. I was considering the $400 PM.

Don Bullock
03-22-2007, 9:55 AM
Sorry I missed these posts. I have to admit that I still don't have the mortiser set up yet. I still have some work to do in the stand I'm putting it on and what little shop time I've had has been spent on projects that I had to get done on a tight schedule. I should have it running by the end of next week if the weather (unheated garage shop) cooperates. I still need to put two more coats on poly on the stand top before I can get it all put together. As soon as it's all set up and I've used it I will give a critique of the Steel City mortiser. I'm sorry that this won't help you make your decision because the rebate ends before that. I'm getting to that point in life where I can't wait to retire. Then I can have more time for making sawdust. Right now work is still getting in the way (except for the money part!).