PDA

View Full Version : Well I did it!

peter slamp
03-06-2007, 6:26 PM
I took the plunge...pre ordered the Domino from McFeely's. I guess this means this noob hobbiest officially has the bug! Incidentally, the Domino will immediately become the most expensive tool in my shop! Guess it's time to convince the LOML that a table saw upgade is a 'necessity'! After much deliberation I decided that the Domino was the perfect tool to allow a hobbiest with very little play time (see my avatar!), the ability to accomplish more, faster. Not to mention the last table I made, I had to use a creaky old DP with forstners for mortise joinery. Ugggh! It seemed to me that by the time I got all the tools I needed to make M&Ts accurately and efficiently, it would cost as much as the Domino. Now for those people who already have those tools, i can understand the trepidation about buying something that does the same thing.
Lookin' forward to talkin' to all of you about our new play toy come April! :D

Glen Blanchard
03-06-2007, 6:28 PM
April 1 just can't come around quick enough, can it?

peter slamp
03-06-2007, 6:36 PM
Haha! Yea, that's why I preordered. Figured the wait might be quite a bit longer if I didn't get in on the first shipment!

Dennis O'Leary
03-06-2007, 7:18 PM
Good for you Peter. If you would like to do some background reading, find a site called 'woodworkforums' and search Domino - some of the guys have been very clever with its use over the last 8 months or so.

Pete Brown
03-06-2007, 7:24 PM
Cool. I can't wait for mine either, for similar reasons (see my avatar) :)

Pete

peter slamp
03-06-2007, 7:38 PM
Good for you Peter. If you would like to do some background reading, find a site called 'woodworkforums' and search Domino - some of the guys have been very clever with its use over the last 8 months or so.

Thanks for the heads up!

David Dundas
03-06-2007, 7:39 PM
Peter,

I can assure you that you won't regret your Domino purchase; it will allow you to achieve a lot in a short time, and enable you to undertake projects that previously might have been too intimidating.

David

peter slamp
03-06-2007, 7:39 PM
Cool. I can't wait for mine either, for similar reasons (see my avatar) :)

Pete
Hey Pete, I noticed you're from the Annapolis area. I attended the Naval Academy years ago! Haha, I still remember my alpha code 906864. Haven't been back since. I remember it being very nice. I definitely miss sailing! ;)

peter slamp
03-06-2007, 7:43 PM
Peter,

I can assure you that you won't regret your Domino purchase; it will allow you to achieve a lot in a short time, and enable you to undertake projects that previously might have been too intimidating.

David

I can't wait! I've got some great ideas for projects, but have been dreading starting them after my M&T experience in my last small project. That one only had 8 and took forever with my limited tools. It seems that most of my higher aspirations involve M&Ts as the primary form of joinery. Can't wait to wield that new 'biscuit joiner'! :D

Don Bullock
03-06-2007, 7:48 PM
Congratulations. It looks like a fantastic tool.

BTW --- I just showed my wife the SawStop videos like someone else on this forum did and it worked. A SawStop should be in a future gloat. Maybe that will work for you.;) :D