PDA

View Full Version : Tech Support!!!

Lisa Quinlan
03-06-2007, 4:11 PM
Hello everyone,
I am rather new in the engraving business and I am having a ball, the only thing is I have more trouble getting tech support from Sign Warehouse. Because I am new at this I do need a liitle more support right now. Last week I E-mailed tech and left a message to get on a "ticket", haven't heard a word!!! The trainer has called to help me but he don't have a whole lot of time because he's in the middle of training.
About a month ago my laser (Accuris Powersharp 12) needed alligned. When I finally got a hold of someone I was faxed the wrong papers on how to TEST for alignment, the tech had me tearing apart the back thinking it was the tube, Almost 2 days wasted on work that needed done. I was so relieved when the trainer called and walked me through the process in less than an hour. But you know when you have work in progress or to complete by a certain day and a problem arises tech support should be right there immedietly to help get it resolved. Not be put on a "call Ticket" which I can think of maybe once they have called me back a day later.

I also have a Gravogarph and I don't care how late or what day it is if I call he answers and spends as much time as needed to help. If he is tied up at the moment he calls back within 30 minutes!! It's awesome!!!

Right now this laser is not lasering well at the beginning, the further it goes the better it is, it was just the opposite when it needed alligned. It worked well after the allignment. Do these machines need alligned that often? I keep it all very clean and perform daily maintenence, so I know it's not dirty lenses or mirrors.
Sorry I didn't mean to write a book, but am so happy to find this sight.
Does anyone else have one of these machines?
Thanks for the time
Lisa :)

Kevin Huffman
03-06-2007, 5:24 PM
I have put in a ticket to Eric Delgado, he should be giving you a call shortly.

Joe Pelonio
03-06-2007, 6:39 PM
Do these machines need alligned that often? I keep it all very clean and perform daily maintenence, so I know it's not dirty lenses or mirrors.

Lisa :)
I have a different make, but typically once the alignment is done and all the screws are tight it will stay that way. I've only had to re-align mine twice, both times after replacing the tube. Hopefully you will get it right this time and it will stay that way for you.

Lisa Quinlan
03-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Thank you Joe, I hope so.
How do you like the epilog?
I thought about purchasing that machine.
Thanks again
Lisa;)

Joe Pelonio
03-07-2007, 1:52 PM
Thank you Joe, I hope so.
How do you like the epilog?
I thought about purchasing that machine.
Thanks again
Lisa;)

I've had mine nearly 3 years. I had the tube go out on warranty, and once again after the warranty was up.Other than that just the free motor replacement and the normal mirror/lense changes. Overall I've been happy with it and especially with the support and service from Epilog. My only complaint would be the price of the replacement tubes but would still go
with them again.

Lisa Quinlan
03-08-2007, 6:38 PM
Hi Joe,

I re-aligned my machine again after only a month. It was totally the opposite of what it was the first time. There is nothing to tighten or "hold" the adjustment. The mirrors are adjusted with set screws that moves them up, down and sideways. Does your machine have something to tighten to hold that adjustment in place? That makes sense if it does. I would think the vibration and normal jostling would throw this one off. Would that be right?
I have heard the Epilog tech support is really good!! It makes a big difference.
Thank you Joe
for your time.
Lisa
Hang'Em High creative Framing and Engraving:o

James Stokes
03-08-2007, 8:41 PM
On the epilogs you put a dab of super glue on the setscrews. That keeps them from coming loose.