PDA

View Full Version : Finally bought a combo

Steven Wilson
12-13-2003, 2:31 PM
I had been looking at european combination machines for a while and thought I would wait until I ended up with a dedicated shop. Since it will probably be quite sometime until I find a house with a detached shop I decided to pull the trigger and order a combo. I decided on a Minimax CU350 (14" jointer/planer) with an 8' slider, tilting shaper, and a bunch of options. It should be here when winters over. Now to clean up and sell the Powermatic 60 and 66 sometime this winter.

Bruce Page
12-13-2003, 2:48 PM
Congratulations!

SWEET!! An 8’ slider, a 14" Jointer / planner and a tilting shaper? – Be still my heart!

Tony Shaftel
12-13-2003, 2:49 PM
I've had one since 2000 and it's a fine machine.

Tony

Mike Evertsen
12-13-2003, 4:09 PM
nice machine,,,,,,, but waiting to order the machine the new machine thats coming out you feed in the print and the amount of lumber and then feed in the hardware
then pour in the finish and the finished product comes out,,,,,:D

Jim Becker
12-13-2003, 5:35 PM
I decided on a Minimax CU350 (14" jointer/planer) with an 8' slider, tilting shaper, and a bunch of options. It should be here when winters over.

Awesome machine, Steve! You're going to love it--I know I'm pleased with my recent MiniMax purchase. (FS-350 J/P which is essentially integral to your new machine) The company is great, too. :p

nice machine,,,,,,, but waiting to order the machine the new machine thats coming out you feed in the print and the amount of lumber and then feed in the hardware
then pour in the finish and the finished product comes out,,,,,

I think I saw something like at at IWF in Atlanta back in 2002...but it was bigger than my house...and shop...combined! :D