PDA

View Full Version : ok what am i missing here?

Chris Rolke
03-06-2007, 2:52 PM
i stumbled upon this on ebay

Link to ebay removed

a 166pg book about woodturning for $199.99 ??!!?!?!?

it better be real good for that price

and there are other places on the net that have it for similar prices

that's crazy

Ken Fitzgerald
03-06-2007, 2:57 PM
Chris.....Rowley's book "Woodturning - A Foundation Course" is my "goto" book but I didn't pay nearly that much for it.

I hope it is a TYPO!

jeremy levine
03-06-2007, 3:37 PM
Check amazon same price range. must be out of print

Bernie Weishapl
03-06-2007, 4:02 PM
Amazon has 3 offers for $195 says used-very good, $199 says new and $300 says used-good. So he is not out of line from what I can see.

Mark Pruitt
03-06-2007, 4:25 PM
Chris, I doubt that you are missing anything. Someone, though, is missing their mind.:eek:

Dennis Peacock
03-06-2007, 6:12 PM
Chris, I doubt that you are missing anything. Someone, though, is missing their mind.:eek:

Yup....I'd have to agree with ya Mark. :)

Kurt Rosenzweig
03-06-2007, 6:50 PM
I thought so too! Did a search and it's around $200 everywhere! Even at Barns and Noble. Must be one of those coffee table books. Look but don't touch. I'm not familiar with the author and that's not saying a lot but, at that price it better come with wood. I can think of a lot of other things I could spend that money on.

Bruce Smith
03-06-2007, 7:29 PM
I have that book here (softcover) nothing to wright home about and think I only paid nineteen or twenty dollars at a local book store twelve or fifteen years ago. I guess real estate is not the only thing the rises in price as the years go by. Heck if I thought I could get that for it, I would sell it and the funds could go into my Oneway Piggy Bank.

Jonathon Spafford
03-06-2007, 9:01 PM
Must be one of those coffee table books. Look but don't touch.

Uh... for that much money I wouldn't be setting it on my coffee table! I am accident proned! :rolleyes:

Sandy Navas
03-07-2007, 8:02 AM
:D I've got that book here, and autographed personally when I took a class from Keith! Maybe I should sell it - any takers here?

Kevin McPeek
03-07-2007, 8:38 AM
I saw Bihn Pho's book sell for around $600. Too rich for me though.

Jim Underwood
03-07-2007, 12:02 PM
If you're talking about Keith Rowley's book; Woodturning, A Foundation Course

Darn tootin' it should cost you that much.

I only paid about $9 for it. I did buy it at a book wholesaler though.

But if you're talking about; Keith Rowley's Woodturning Projects, then that's a different story. I see Amazon has it for $195. I'm not about to pay that much for it.

Don Orr
03-08-2007, 11:52 AM
...sadly passed away last year. His books are truly the best out there IMO. Maybe his passing had some effect on the price.

Mark Pruitt
03-08-2007, 12:03 PM
...sadly passed away last year. His books are truly the best out there IMO. Maybe his passing had some effect on the price.
Don, what a great idea about how to get rich quick! All I have to do is....well.....um....maybe that ain't such a great idea after all.:rolleyes: Nope....no Croakin' Creeker here!:D

Hilel Salomon
03-08-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm not aware of this particular book, but what I do know is that when a book which is well regarded is long out of print, its value usually increases -sometimes dramatically. It's true of guns which are no longer made, furniture and ceramics no longer available and my guess is that a box of kleenex tissues held for 50 years will be worth something as well.