PDA

View Full Version : Just Met Bob Hallowell

William Fourness
03-06-2007, 1:13 PM
I got call from Bob and he said he was in the area and would like to stop by. Was very nice meeting him and sent him on the with a box full of goodies and he said he would be back for more. I'll make sure of that, get him some pepper mill blanks to be to good to pass up on. He took home some flaming Box Elder, Cherry burl, Figured Apple, Figured Maple and some Willow burl. So hopefully in a few days he'll have couple of the sections turned and finished. Post a few pictures here hopefully so we all can see. If we can
be of help to anyone just let us let us know.

Bill
Penn's Woods
(http://stores.pennswoodsstock.net)

Bernie Weishapl
03-06-2007, 1:43 PM
He is probably stocking up in anticipation of getting that new Monster Hollow Form tool.:rolleyes: ;) :p

Bob Hallowell
03-06-2007, 2:27 PM
Yep Bernie I hope it's here when I get home.

Bill's a nice guy and has some good stock at some good prices, he says in a month or so when it thaws some he will get alot more in some of the spalted stuff he is getting is incredable! He's going to make me some pepper mill blanks out of it.

I got a willow burl cap that has the monster tool name written all over it hopefuly I don't blow it up!

Bob

Bernie Weishapl
03-06-2007, 4:16 PM
I tell ya Bob that tool is a monster. It is built stout and should last both of our lifetimes. It looks like that thing will hog some wood and the smaller part will shear and smooth just fine. I am so excited to get to use it I can't hardly stand it but I promised the LOML that I would attend some meetings this week with her so since she opened up the check book. Ya know I had better please her just a little.

Bob Hallowell
03-06-2007, 4:32 PM
Bernie mine didn't come yet hopefully tommorow!

Bob

William Fourness
03-06-2007, 5:36 PM
We'll be piling it in by the the pick up truck loads. This cold weather just makes it miserable for these loggers to want to stay late and load a pick-up truck full for some extra cash. I can get literally tons of logging wastes, burls, crotch and spalted woods. I got 142 acres here to pile it in on and all goes right we looking at a large mill and kiln. I hoping to also post a reward in the local papers for the largest cherry burl in northern Pennsylvania and southern New York. From spring till late fall and see what that brings. We looking at doing some growing here and be able soon to bring out stock that dreams are made of. Again thanks all for the support, help and business. I hate to see good wood lay and rot or go for fuel wood.

Bill
Penn's Woods
(http://stores.pennswoodsstock.net)