PDA

View Full Version : Corel X3 Text Problem

Perry Brock
03-06-2007, 11:08 AM
I am making name puzzles for children to help them learn to spell their full names.

These puzzles consist of vector cut block letters. My issue is the cutout centers of those letters such as O,B.A,R etc. I would like to leave the centers intact with the letter rather than glueing these small pieces to the backer board.

I have tried several ways to make the outside of the letter a red vector at a setting that cuts the shape and the inside of the letter another color that vectors at a lower setting so it doesn't cut through.

I am presently working with Abadi MT Condensed Extra Bold but another block style font will work.

Thanks in advance,

PLB

Mike Null
03-06-2007, 11:16 AM
How about converting the text to curves and filling the insides of the letters so they could be engraved rather than cut.?

Perry Brock
03-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Mike,

Thanks for the idea. I was able to do what I wanted by
(1) Converting Text to curves
(2) Break Text Apart- this fills the centers with white and the inside cutout dissapears.
(3) select the O or A etc and select no fill which makes the inside visible again as a seperate object and from there I was able to make that outline any color I wanted.

Thanks for the nudge, I was stumbling.